News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Camera's?

Started by lostnwilderness, May 15, 2011, 12:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostnwilderness

Yall have some great photowork on this site.  What cameras are yall lugging in to get these kind of quality photo's?  Are you running them computer programs to clean them up?
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

Woolly Bugger

I think that most of us have learned the hard way to use one of the waterproof point and shoots on the stream.
I have an Olympus sw 1030, others use the Pentax W90, Canon and Sony now make waterproof models as well...

As far as software I use Lightroom 3 check this link..

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

Stay away from the Pentax Optio W90. It is a piece of shit. Major lighting as well as mechanical problems b';
Canon D12, even though it looks like a fisher price toy

Big J

I second the lighting problems with the Pentax Optio W90.  I have the camera and I like it, but I wish I would of went with one of the other outdoor cameras.  Heard good things about the olympus outdoor camera.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

about the pentax w90, are you guys talking about bad exposures? send or post an example...

the camera has three metering modes...

• Multi-segment
• Center-Weighted
• Spot

and about 14 exposure modes...

• Auto Picture
• Program
• Night Scene
• Night Scene
• Movie
• Underwater
• Underwater Movie
• Landscape
• Flower
• Portrait
• Digital Wide
• Surf & Snow
• Digital SR
• Kids, Pet
• Half Length Portrait
• Sport
• Fireworks
• Candlelight
• Night Scene Portrait
• Text
• Food
• Digital Panorama
• Frame Composite
• Green
• Digital Microscopic

I like to use the program mode on my Oly...

check your settings....  :o
me -There's a season?

5xTippett

Keith, I'll bet the fish you catch feel like they have been to a portrait studio! 'c;    I hold them in one hand, try my best not to drop the camera and fire away.

rbphoto

Had the screen go kaput on the Optio and it was back from the factory in 6 days looking brand new (entire camera, but the S/N's matched original).

14 y.o. abuses it daily and it puts up with what he dishes out.

It has my vote.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Big J

WB, When it comes to the Optio W90, the pictures I take are not vivid and overall dull.  I have fixed the settings since then, and it has helped.  And you can forget about taking a good indoor picture with the W90.  I love the camera though.  Love the macro shooting, underwater shooting, the look of the camera, the ruggedness, and the camera in general though.

diaz dassie

Quote from: Big J on May 17, 2011, 09:07:09 AM
I have fixed the settings since then, and it has helped.
Speak to me Jacob. I have attempted several times. It doesn't help that I have the patience to sit and drink a case of beer but can't f around with the daggone camera b'; Short cuts?

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on May 17, 2011, 10:20:09 AM
Speak to me Jacob. I have attempted several times. It doesn't help that I have the patience to sit and drink a case of beer but can't f around with the daggone camera b'; Short cuts?

I'll put up tonight what I changed all the settings to on the Program mode.  It helped a lot and I have no idea why Pentax puts such crappy default settings on the camera.

diaz dassie

Quote from: Big J on May 17, 2011, 10:33:14 AM
I'll put up tonight what I changed all the settings to on the Program mode.  It helped a lot and I have no idea why Pentax puts such crappy default settings on the camera.
Cheers my man. Yeah, wassup with needing 14 exposure modes. I need three. Sober, drunk, bluelining. :P

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Transylwader on May 17, 2011, 10:55:42 AM
Quote from: Big J on May 17, 2011, 10:33:14 AM
Cheers my man. Yeah, wassup with needing 14 exposure modes. I need three. Sober, drunk, bluelining. :P
here is what you need for the 'drunk' mode...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on May 17, 2011, 10:20:09 AM

Here are the adjustments that I make on the program mode.

Image Tone- Bright
Pixels- 12M
ISO Corction in AUTO- ISO80-100
EV Compensation- -0.3
Sharpness- Highest
Saturation- Middle
Contrast- Highest

Hope that helps you Mike!

diaz dassie

Cheers Jacob, you da man! Now to test er out in the ladies bathroom at work tomorrow :P