News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Lexington BBQ

Started by Beetle, May 05, 2011, 08:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beetle

My assistant lives in Northern Davidson County near Winston-Salem.   Last night this guy game strolling through her backyard.   The picture sucks but she said it was large with tusks and a big hump on its back. 

I called the district biologist and he confirmed that they are everywhere.  I never dreamed we would see them up here.   I asked him what to do and he said that there is no season in our Piedmont counties and they are considered feral and nuisance animals.   He proposed that we dispatch with extreme caution.

Al- you busy?

flatlander

Are you sure that's not the chupacabre? :-\

5xTippett

Loan the gal a gun, Beetle.  They will root the heck out of her shrubbery.

possessed

diaz dassie

Yeah, Ben's right, Pumba is a root craving mini excavator. Heck, someone pass me the gun, Im fuggin hungry ;D

benben reincarnated

Those jokers are mean as chit.  Where I grew up in Georgia my family has hunting land and they got into a field we had planted some rye and other stuff for deer and they basically cratered the whole field digging around and rooting. 

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Get Bent

That would have been hard to pass up! His ass would have been smoked!
Konichiwa Bitches!

The Dude

I am just impressed that this thread has not made the inevitable turn to mountain lion sightings.  Congrats forum!   'c;
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Rhody

My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

5xTippett

John. I wasn't kidding when I said someone needs to shoot that thing.  A sow can have up to three litters a year, with 8 piglets in a litter.  By the end of a year, the sows out of the first litter can have litters.  You do the math.  Once they are established you can't eradicate them, all you can do is keep them under control.  We have them around my hometown now thanks to some misguided soul who released them.  The farmers are not amused.  Everybody shoots them on sight.  If you put enough pressure on them they will move and become some one elses' problem.

The Dude

They have them in GSMNP, too.  The park service doesn't want to make it public, but they have trappers come in and attempt to erradicate them.  I'm not sure they are winning that battle, though.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Beetle

Neighbors with kids were warned.  A great big bag of deer corn and some large caliber ammunition were purchased yesterday.   

Will report back with the results of this weekend's operations.

Woolly Bugger

Where there is one there are many more!

happy hunting!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

It's somebody's escaped pot bellied pig ;D