News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Sign of the times....

Started by Woolly Bugger, April 29, 2011, 16:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's you opinion of Wildlife in NC magazine!

Who has time to read 12 issues?
0 (0%)
I hate to see it reduced to bi-monthly, I read it every month.
1 (14.3%)
One time at band camp I 'read' a magazine, but it wasn't Wildlife in NC!
6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Woolly Bugger

I just received my copy of Wildlife in NC and was surprised to read the editorial stating that they were cutting the number of issues from 12  to 6 per year due to declining readership and budget cuts. Also mentioned was the addition of two 'Special Issues", Spring and Fall which would contain advertisements and only be available with annual subscriptions.

There was also mention of "digital" subscriptions in the future. I would really hate it if they stopped printing and if was only going to be available on-line.  I've been getting the magazine for 18 years now and throughly enjoy it, especially due to the fact that there are no ads. I would think that if they are going to have advertisementsts in the special issues, those should be sold to the public too!

I guess having to pay Marty for those trout articles broke the bank.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Try being a musician, getting a recording contract, and selling CD's these days, Keith. The music business is a dead horse.
Everyone expects to download your music online for free. There's Very Little Money in that.  b';