News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Pond Report 5-1-2011

Started by Jfey, May 01, 2011, 20:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfey

Got out right after sunrise this morning to catch the morning bite at a local pond.  Action was pretty strong until about 9ish and it slowed down.  Best part of the day was watching about a 6-7 lb female chase fish off her bed all day.  Once the fishing slowed down, just sat and watched for a while.  Pretty cool to see her attack anything that came close.  She chased anything that moved right up to the bank so that her back was out of the water.  There were a few others in spawning mode as well.  Resisted temptation and didn't cast to them, but now I know they are there now.

These guys put on quite a show when hooked

Don't know what got into these gills, but they were straight up pissed about getting hooked.  I didn't see any beds, but I imagine they had a little extra testosterone in them.  I thought each one of them was a bass when they hit the fly.  They sure were fun

Just for comparison, this is a Geezer gill  :o
Yup, going fishing

jwhop3

0:0
Nice. The gills were on at Smith Mountain this weekend too 'c;, caught all mine on a blaze orange popper with black spider legs. The best was palm-sized, which for SML is moderately good. I even caught a white bass, which I haven't caught since 20 years ago in Kansas. I thought he was a decent crappie at first, then maybe a baby striper, but there was no lateral line.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~

possessed

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

Jeff, I got two words for ya....

{S;

Nicely done my friend 'c;