Exploring and Experimenting

Started by 5xTippett, May 01, 2011, 13:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

I headed back to Bassett Saturday with two things in mind.  I was going to skip my normal spots for this time of the year and try a spot I had looked at but never fished, and I was going to fish some new flies I had been working on, one in particular.  It is not easy to drive 3 1/2 hours and not go straight to where you know you can tear them up, but I did it, sorta.  I did stop at a place I sometimes fish during the summer and fish it for a few minutes until the kayakers paddling through the pool.  I then went to the spot I was planning to go to.  I fished it for an hour or two with beetles and caught a fair amount.  I will be back to that place.  It was perfect beetle water.  I then went upstream a little further to find some sulphers so I could play with my new flies.  The place I wanted to go had somebody in it, so I went back one pool further downstream.  I fished for about an hour and caught fish on all of my experimental flies.  That part of the trip was also a success.  If these flies work on the Smith I know they will work everywhere else.  I  saw sulphers everywhere I went all afternoon.  I saw the least amount where I wanted to fish them.  I would have fished them earlier , but they were eating my beetles and that is my first love! -0-

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

Dizzam! Those are some nice browns 'c;