Dogs that Point, Fish that Bite by Jim Dean.

Started by Woolly Bugger, April 27, 2011, 11:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I've seen this book in NC Wildlife magazine and it looked interesting, but something about the cover prevented me from purchasing it. The other day I was browsing in a used book store and came across a Hard cover copy in near mint condition for only $4.50!
-0-

Jim was the editor of NC Wildlife for a long time and these 50 short essays were published over a 17 year period. I'm really enjoying reading it and find it interesting how much some things have changed over time and how little many other things have not.

I believe that this book in now available in paperback only for $15.

but you can get a deal on a used one http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0807822345/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1303921271&sr=8-1&condition=used

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

MBB

Jim Dean is an excellent and in my opinion, underrated writer.  As a boy, I looked forward to his articles in Wildlife in North Carolna.  I am glad that his essays are in book form.  I believe he has another book published, "The Secret Lives of Fisherman."  I look forward to reading those stories as well.

Stuart R.

Never read anything of his but love to fish the "Jim Dean hole" on the SoHo. I have heard a few people call it that anyway.
STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

flatlander

Jim Dean is a first class guy and a great writer.

Woolly Bugger

I just found a deal on  "The Secret Lives of Fisherman."   -0-
and look forwared to reading it too!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!