News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Beetles and sulphers

Started by 5xTippett, April 24, 2011, 15:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

I finally got a decent weather report for Martinsville without rain and high winds, so I headed North.  I knew I was going to have a late night, so I slept late.  I didn't leave my house until 10:00.  I arrived at the river after 2:30.  I talked to the gentleman who is kind enough to let to park in his yard for awhile and then hit the river.  I decided to start fishing beetles where I was and then  head downstream looking for sulphers later.  I was hoping the beetles would work this early.  They did!  I caught fish on the beetles for the next couple of hours.  Most were browns except for a few rainbows, including one large one.  Later on I headed downstream looking for some sulphers.  I found some and fished for about an hour and caught a few more.  I left before dark for my jaunt home.  I am glad to see the Smith finally start to fish like it's supposed to.

Woolly Bugger

nice to see those sulfurs popping off!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Beetle

Good job Ben.  Did you see my friend piggy?     'c;

5xTippett

John, I caught his little brother.  One man told me they dumped a bunch of piggies in there a few weeks ago near where you caught yours!  He watched them dump some pretty big brook trout in there.  They are already starting to starve to death most probably.

flatlander

diaz dassie

Nice Ben, always enjoy those browns 'c;