News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Jungle Fever

Started by The Dude, April 24, 2011, 13:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

Chocolate Lovin'

I set out this morning to check out some new water and somehow got sidetracked along the way.  I was passing a small wild stream that I thought had some potential.   The only problem is that it is bounded above and below by private property and, apparently, the locals have decided that the sliver of public land should be used as a trash dump.  I decided to give it a go, nevertheless.  The fishing was slow at first and I came really close to giving up on it, walking back to the car, and moving on in the direction I was originally heading.  Then things just went nuts and I was into brown after brown.  There were some big fish in there, as well, which blew my mind.  Whenever I hooked up with a small fish, I purposely let it fight in the current to wait for a larger fish to show up looking to take a bite.  I actually caught two fish over 15", but they were camera shy, so you'll just have to take it on my word.  I usually carry a net with me just in case I encounter a big fish, but I took it off my pack this morning because I really didn't think this crick would have much more than a few fingerlings, at best).  The 2-wt was really put to the test today.  Because this was such a short stretch of public land, I was done fishing the stretch by noon, and I could have gone to another creek, but I decided that I had enough fun for one day and just called it early.

I noticed this guy moving nervously in the shallows.  I then noticed that he was being attacked by a small crayfish.  The crayfish actually caught it and started to eat it.  I scooped the crayfish, with his lunch in his mouth, and put it on a rock to take a picture of it, but my dog came to check it out, got pinched in the nose, and then proceeded to swallow the crayfish before I could get the shot.  Oh well.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Okay Tranny, here is your final (and unmistakeable) clue as to what stream I was fishing.  I assume if you haven't figured it out by now, this should do it.

The future of the stream.

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

I need to hit up some private pty. Happy Easter and get a job, Sir :laugh:

blue ridge angler

OldDominionAngler

excellent, sounds like a gem. hawk hackle good for anything?

blue ridge angler

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on April 25, 2011, 09:53:23 AM
hawk hackle good for anything?

Getting you a case in federal court.. ;D

Get Bent

Konichiwa Bitches!

benben reincarnated

Looks like you had a much better day than that hawk did....

Nice looking stream and mighty fine looking fish.

Holmes

damn! i dun clicke on dis hopin you actually had dat jungle fevah! black chicks are da best, once ya go black, they aint no goin back!