News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Update on Al

Started by 5xTippett, April 20, 2011, 11:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

Al called me this morning and said he wanted to thank everybody who had called and sent PMs to him.  He has to get his PMs off of his cell phone because he still doesn't have power at his house.   He does expect to get it back in a few days.  He has met with the insurance adjuster and was reassured that he would be put back whole.  Overall he is doing all right, but is tired.  He said he and his wife are going to try to pace themselves because it is going to be a long haul.  I think the good Colonel realizes he has a bunch of friends! :)

Woolly Bugger

Thanks for the update!  Hang in there Al!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

Hope everything gets put back together quickly, Al!

walt

this is great news. hang in there al and ya'll have it right..... keep the pace.
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

5xTippett

Al called me today and said to tell everybody he appreciates everything.  He can get his PMs off his cell phone but he cannot answer them.  He has his power back on and tarps on his roof!  If anybody wants to get in touch with Al, PM him your phone number and he will call you.

Al

HI guys - I am back  ;D Just got phone, cable and INTERNET today. Lights came on two days ago.

It has been a week to remember and hopefully never repeat. Bottom line is we are uninjured and things are moving along with repairs. My guess, based on some estimates received already, is this will spoil looks of $50,000 bill - maybe more.  Still not sure what insurance will cover but the repairs have to be made anyway so I am getting it done. Not complaining, we were lucky. Houses one street over literally exploded.

Thanks for all the prayers. PM's, telephone calls and expressions of concern. It is pretty humbling to go through this and see the outpouring of efforts from friends and total strangers. Maybe the world is not as bad off as I thought. (However I did note that Mr. O went on a 3 day fund raiser instead of visit NC or others states hit by last weekends weather - sorry I had to throw that in  :o)

As soon as I get more "fires" put out and have some time I will write up a summary of what happened and post some pictures. Lots of stories to tell and lessons learned to share.

Thank you again for thinking about us. We are not back to normal but we are getting there.

Woolly Bugger

good to hear that things are moving along. Hang in there!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!