News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Howdy All

Started by appalachia bound, April 11, 2011, 12:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appalachia bound

Hey there,
I just wanted to drop a post so yall didnt think i was some creepy baitfisherman floatin around the blogs lookin for some trade secrets. This site looks like a great place to do some networking so i hope some of you can keep up some correspondance, maybe even go out and catch some fish; at least catch a buzz (i know this is my crowd judging by the beer lables alone). I currently live in Roanoke and have been fly fishing and tying for the better part of 15 years.  I will post some pics as soon as i figure out how to resize my images- they are obviously too big (not the first time ive heard that though it wasnt in reference to my pics; just my fish and natural endowment pictured). I look forward to some good laughs, some advice, and by the looks of it some herassment as well. Im sure i will see some of you out there in the next few weeks bashin the brookies on the head with some stimis. Best of luck on and off the water to all of you.

appalachia bound

Test pic- just to make sure i know what im doing here

diaz dassie

You definitley a bait fisherman mate, I see your "hoodie", the rotten dead white perch tail in that pike's mouth and your diiiirty hands :o
I wanna see pix of Whorevis rods and reels, clean hands, brookies caught on stimis and Schlitz Malt liquor 40oz bottles.

appalachia bound

So it begins.....
ok first off thats no pike- thats possibly a state record pickerel- although that got me too, i thought it was a small muskie at first. second hoodies rock house and you know it. my number one objective for fly fishing is to look like a bum and catch fish while the tech heads look around wondering whos playing that horrible greatful dead music. as for that perch hangin out of the mouth, you just wish you could double haul that bad boy on five weight. hint- it takes more than a 40 oz schlitz to start fishin like me-  or to at least look like me!

thenextlevel

Jfey

Thumbs up for The Dead, but you shouldn't have to try to look like a bum.  Most of us wake up every day like that without trying to hard.   I'll assume that is not what you meant.   Nice work on the pickerel even though it was probably caught on a circle hook and sinker.
Yup, going fishing

croaker

Quote from: appalachia bound on April 11, 2011, 13:19:57 PM

Nice Chain Pickerel!

How much did it weigh?
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

thenextlevel

Best guess was around 6-7 pounds.  It was a beast  bd;0

croaker

That's 'bout what I was thinkin'.  Pickerel over 6 lbs. are rare.  Fish of a lifetime right there sir.
bd;0
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

mecnc

Quote from: appalachia bound on April 11, 2011, 13:19:57 PM

So which do you prefer; paper, glass or wood? Inquiring minds want to know.

appalachia bound

i believe mcguyver put it best. get me a snorkel, a watermelon, and a safty pin.... i will take care of the rest. at least i think thats how it goes. its been a hot since i watched that movie on.... well, im sure have caught my drift mecnc