Main Menu

Blue Line Gear

Started by Bigjohn, April 06, 2011, 21:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Get Bent

Dang Buddy, you must have dipped into TP's picture stash  :P
Konichiwa Bitches!

bandit350

i know i am a complete rookie on this board but not to backpacking.  i strongly recommend a nice sleeping pad.  i went from the traditional therma-rests to their ridge rest when i got married and my backcountry nights sucked.  i then switched to a big agnes insulated air core pad and it's a game changer.  i have never slept so well in the outdoors.
i also picked up a gregory palisade 80 which was another great upgrade.
tent:  older mountain hardwear room w/ a view.  i've slept in a couple of the new big agnes tents and they're very nice.
pack:  i take my normal hip / shoulder pack w/ me.  it's redundant as my gregory pack has a detachable top portion but i don't like to reorganize.
stove:  still have a msr whisperlite but those snow peak pocket rockets are great and incredibly easy to use.
camp life:  i always have a folding chair, p cord for a clothesline, msr dromedary bag for extra water, pur hiker filter, wax/lint fire starters, and biodegradable wipes.  whiskey is another must have.  sometimes when i am lazy and use iodine tablets i like to use gatorade, kool aid, or crystal lite packets.  usually on short trips i pass on big messy meals and stick w/ backpacker meals just so i don't have to clean dishes.

wish list - gravity water filter.  pumping sucks and so does iodine.  i've used the steripen w/ good results as well.

Perchjerker

QuotePosted by: blue ridge angler
« on: April 08, 2011, 21:52:13 PM » Insert Quote

I know that a few of the members here like to roll in this type of gear for blue lining..this may even be a pic of one of the board members..

Hey BR angler -

I'm still new at at this... are the hip boots for the yak?

benben reincarnated

Quote from: bandit350 on May 11, 2011, 22:58:38 PM
...  i then switched to a big agnes insulated air core pad and it's a game changer.  i have never slept so well in the outdoors...

I second the big agnes air core mats, I haven't found anything that beats them.  They pack up small too, especially the uninsulated one.  I've turned 3 friends onto them and they like them as well.