News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Blue Line Gear

Started by Bigjohn, April 06, 2011, 21:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigjohn

What type of gear do you die-hard blue liners use. I am interested in suggestions for sleeping bag, pack, and tent(if you use one) for overnight stays in SNP and GSMNP. My current setup is an old Kelty backpack, Cabelas bag, and a tarp. Would like to up-grade and am interested in expert opinions about overnight gear. Thanks in advance.

diaz dassie

Sleeping bag - Kelty Light year 40
Pack - Osprey Atmos 50
Tent - Sierra Designs Vapor light
Stove - if you can even call it that Jetboil
Thermarest a must!
Rod - 6ft 2wt 4piece Orvis superfine
Reel Orvis BLA1
Hiking shoes - Salomon Xtracks
GPS - Garmin Oregon 400T
Camel Pac with filters, I fuckin hate boiling water

Woolly Bugger

4 midgets
1 yak
1 yurt
12 cases of bud light

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

dnakamoto

I will steal TWader's format.  I am definitely not used to all of the luxuries that Woolly takes along.  :P

Sleeping bag - Kelty Light year 20 (small and light weight but realized it was too hot after I bought it)
Pack - Gregory Baltoro 70
Tent - Nemo Losi
Stove - MSR Pocket Rocket and GSI dish set
REI Trekker
Rod - Varies
Reel Orvis BBS II
Hiking shoes - Keen Oregon / Orvis Pack and Travel II Wading Shoe
GPS - No GPS (I guess I don't venture far enough off path for one)
Katadyn Hiker Pro filter

bullship

Sweet yurt. Do the midgets live there or the yak?
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

flynhokies

i second the msr pocket rocket...that little thing can roar
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet

The Dude

For trips in the middle of summer:
Nix the sleeping bag in lieu of a pair of pants and a long sleeved shirt or light fleece. 
Use a hammock tent instead of a traditional tent (I have a Hennessy Ultralight A-sym).
I can fit all I need in my Fishpond Wildhorse Techpack without the need for another backpack.

Then I can literally fish while carrying all of my gear and not have to hike to a campsite, drop my stuff, go fish all day, and then hope my stuff is still there when I get back.  I can fish my way in and then stop and set up camp at the end of the day and continue to fish further up the next day or hike back out.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

possessed

My list ain't too much different than everyone else's.  I use a sleeping bag liner instead of an actual bag.  It weighs just a few ounces and folds up to about the size of a jelly jar.  I also hike in my wading boots and carry a pair of crocs for around camp.

diaz dassie

Quote from: The Dude on April 08, 2011, 04:39:12 AM
Nix the sleeping bag in lieu of a pair of pants and a long sleeved shirt or light fleece. 
Use a hammock tent instead of a traditional tent (I have a Hennessy Ultralight A-sym).
I can fit all I need in my Fishpond Wasatch Techpack without the need for another backpack.

Then I can literally fish while carrying all of my gear and not have to hike to a campsite, drop my stuff, go fish all day, and then hope my stuff is still there when I get back.  I can fish my way in and then stop and set up camp at the end of the day and continue to fish further up the next day or hike back out.
Shit, I hope you don't get a GPS, coz you will eventually find that fucking rug to tie your room together :laugh:

Get Bent

Quote from: The Dude on April 08, 2011, 04:39:12 AM
I can fit all I need in my Fishpond Wasatch Techpack without the need for another backpack.

Damn you are one hardcore mofo!  bd;0  ;D
Konichiwa Bitches!

The Dude

Strong men also cry..........strong men....also cry......................................

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

diaz dassie

blue ridge angler

I know that a few of the members here like to roll in this type of gear for blue lining..this may even be a pic of one of the board members..

diaz dassie

Fuck,  that  so wrong :embarassed:

trout4ever

Damn BR Angler-  you're scaring me!! :o