News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Wind sucks

Started by MarshStomper, March 22, 2011, 19:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshStomper

In Charleston for the week trying to catch some reds but wind has been blowing 10-20kts the last two days and the next two its gonna be 20-25kts b'; . Only hope is Friday and Saturday.
"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good

Woolly Bugger

sometimes it's okay to break out the gear...

jis sayin'
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

MarshStomper

Agreed, going to attempt to get behind some islands this afternoon. Winter is gone so we are losing water clarity and fish are breaking up out of the big schools but at least they'll be in the grass soon.
"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good

Mstash

Wind sucks here too. Trying to get out on the lake for some smallie action . But not today. Might have to go to a Blue line.

possessed

18-22 mph gusts everywhere I have checked.  Sucks ass, I wanted to go fishing today but I ain't even going to bother trying to combat that wind.

overbrook

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 23, 2011, 08:39:29 AM
sometimes it's okay to break out the gear...

jis sayin'

X2.....I like flyfishin' as much as the next guy....but I like fishin' mo better! Catchin' gills on poppers is fun...but when the wind gets up I won't hesitate to break out some beetle spins.....just don't brag about it  :-X   ;D