News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Humbled on the blue line yesterday (2/22/11)

Started by possessed, February 23, 2011, 06:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possessed

I hit up one of my favorite blue lines yesterday and I was humbled, embarrassed, and degraded.  The trout taunted me and laughed at me and reminded me that they are the boss, not me. 

The water was so low, it was lower than normal for July/August.  The fishing was great, as always.  However, the catching was horrible.  The fish were super spooky, of course, but they were active.  I hooked and lost more fish than I brought to hand.  I had numerous strikes on the dry but most fish were caught on the dropper. 

This is a small stream, ranging from 8-15 feet wide.  There is a fairly decent population of 10-12 inch rainbows and browns in this stream.  They were no where to found yesterday.  With the super low water, they were likely hiding under the rocks not daring to come out.

I had planned on fried trout for dinner, maybe the trout knew that.  I did not catch one legal sized fish.  That is unheard of for me on this stream.  Yes, I creel a few wild rainbows from time to time and I'm not ashamed of it.   ;D

I ended up with only 8 very small fish landed. 

About half of them were this size.

The other half were this size.

bullship

Shit...I've certainly had worse days than 8 small fish.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

possessed

Me too.  I've got 2 skunks so far this year. 

Woolly Bugger

I've had one skunk-a-roonie and another day that was only saved by 'truckers'

purdy little bows are a grand catch
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

I think trout can think what where thinking. Whenever Im bluelining, I try to humble my usual cocky self, forget the camera etc and always have a gangbuster day, then I fish with A-holes like you who not only fuck me up on my own turf but I half near break my ankle b';
You n I will be on the gold mine soon enough and I think this time around, Im going in with all the arrogance of Paris Hilton and the cock suredness of Ron Jeremy -0-

bugman

Consider yourself lucky.  I am humbled in some way or another every time I fish.

possessed

Quote from: Transylwader on February 23, 2011, 12:25:21 PM
I think trout can think what where thinking. Whenever Im bluelining, I try to humble my usual cocky self, forget the camera etc and always have a gangbuster day, then I fish with A-holes like you who not only fuck me up on my own turf but I half near break my ankle b';
You n I will be on the gold mine soon enough and I think this time around, Im going in with all the arrogance of Paris Hilton and the cock suredness of Ron Jeremy -0-

You still pissed about the way the day turned out on the Goldmine?   :laugh:  Hell, you out fished me the next day on the other stream, even though I did catch the biggest one that day.    :P

diaz dassie

Nah, Im a smooth operator, always make people think I talk shit, can't hike/fish/talk the lingo then hand them the asswhoopin 8) South African style, thats how we roll, thats why we are world champions (in RUGBY!!!) -0-