News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

A Little Redemption, Old Dominion Style

Started by possessed, February 23, 2011, 19:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possessed

After a less than spectacular day yesterday, I decided to head north of the border and catch some fish.

I picked a stream where I knew I could catch some fish.  This stream has wild and stocked fish.  Unfortunately, I caught way more stockers than wilds.

As I was rolling up the interstate, I saw the cows standing, I knew it would be a good day.

I fished for about 45 minutes before I caught my first fish.

After catching a few small fish, I caught this decent sized brown.

Right after that one, I caught a brown that I would estimate was 17 inches.  I am going to buy a net tomorrow.  With the fly rod in one hand and trying to grab that big beast with the other, he eventually came unhooked and went on his merry way.  I had him in my hand but dropped him twice, if I had a net I would have a picture.

After catching that beast, this little brown was like catching nothing at all.

Pretty little wild rainbow.

This trout chow reared fat pig but up a great fight.  Almost lost him due to not having a net.

Another decent stocker.

And the final fish for day.  This stocker fought hard.  I fought him for 5 minutes before getting him to hand.  I think it would have been faster if I had a net.

I did not take a lot of pics.  The fishing was pretty intense for a while, I just wanted to release them and catch another.

All and all, a good day, especially for February.  In case I forgot to mention, I need to buy a net.

Phil

1. Get a net.
2. Posting pics of stoggers is suspect, but I'm glad you caught some nice trout.
3. Get a net.
4. You suck for being able to fish on a regular work day for most everyone else ( I left the house at 6:30 am and got home at 5:30 pm)....    b';

jwgnc

I like fish pictures regardless of their heritage.

Thanks for sharing.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

diaz dassie

Stocker, stocker, stocker, Mike, I told you those are stockers :-*
No wonder the bluelines are being nasty, it's bad karma to fish for those pellet heads, diddunt ya nar? :laugh:

Holmes

Quote from: Transylwader on February 23, 2011, 20:38:18 PM
Stocker, stocker, stocker, Mike, I told you those are stockers :-*
No wonder the bluelines are being nasty, it's bad karma to fish for those pellet heads, diddunt ya nar? :laugh:

ey whitey, shut yo god-damned azz up... check it on the down low, took a honky fishin' and guided him to dis one.. is betta than yeah... hahannnn... this bruthas goodncrazy -0-