Smith River TU meet, Thurs, Mar 3rd, Rania's uptown Martinsville VA

Started by Al, February 11, 2011, 07:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Smith River Trout Unlimited will meet at Rania's Restaurant in uptown Martinsville, on Thursday, March 3, 2011, at 6:30 pm.  Fly tying demonstrations will be the theme for the evening. Bring your vise and show us your favorite fly or just come to watch as Al Kittredge shows how to tie his infamous Allieworm and Ben Crouch ties his fish catching beetle. Paul Fogle and Darrin Doss will also show how to tie what works very well for them on the Smith. In addition to fly tying we will discuss the following:

Activities for 2011 - we have a few planned already but now is the time to come up with your suggestions

Unveiling of our new chapter website - check it out at http://smithrivertu.com/index.html

Review of the new DGIF regulations on the Smith River

Impact of proposed DGIF license fee increases

Come on out to pledge your support to Darrin and SRTU for 2011. You do not have to be a member of TU to attend our meetings.(You must be a member in order to vote on chapter business).   Anyone who has an interest in the Smith River Fishery is encouraged to attend.

Rania's provides us with a meeting space with the expectation that the majority of attendees will purchase a meal. (Good food, moderate prices).  Address is 147 E. Main St., Martinsville, VA  24112. It is in the historic district of Martinsville known as uptown as it sits on a hill.

For information contact Chapter Pres Darrin Doss (276)340-3193 admin@dossphoto.com  Secy Al Kittredge, (910) 868-6235 aakitt@earthlink.net or check our website http://smithrivertu.com/index.html for more details and directions. 

rjs123

Not sure how but these meetings are always when Im away.  Should be heading from Florida to Charleston SC  that day.  Hope you guys have a good turn out.

troutrus

troutrus

Quote from: rjs123 on February 11, 2011, 11:11:29 AM
Not sure how but these meetings are always when Im away.  Should be heading from Florida to Charleston SC  that day.  Hope you guys have a god turn out.

Doubt He'll show up, but some of the members act like they can walk on water.

22midge

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

rjs123

Quote from: troutrus on February 11, 2011, 17:44:08 PM
Quote from: rjs123 on February 11, 2011, 11:11:29 AM
Not sure how but these meetings are always when Im away.  Should be heading from Florida to Charleston SC  that day.  Hope you guys have a god turn out.

Doubt He'll show up, but some of the members act like they can walk on water.

Thanks troutrus  for the spelling check.  Maybe you ARE good for something besides getting people riled up.

troutrus

Quote from: 22midge on February 11, 2011, 19:11:11 PM
...............ever wonder why people treat you like shit

Never gave it much thought. Just part of life I guess. Nobody I know likes everyone nor is liked by all. As far as treating people like crap, seems like some folks such as yourself have a tendency to attack anyone with a different viewpoint. You seem  to have little tolerence for folks that have differing opinions on politics, fisheries management issues, gun control, etc. Your discussions often times seem to erupt into a tirade which  includes namecalling. It's sad, because those of you with that tough guy attitude have succeeded in discouraging some good members of this forum from posting. This mob rule approach has turned a once promising sportfishing forum into something more akin to a high school chatroom with filthy language, sexual content, racial degradation, etc.
Congratulations, you got what you deserve.

22midge

Thank you for the kind words troutrus.You have finally posted something worth reading.As far as I'm concerned what you read is what you get.I don't dance around--scare worth a damn  --and wont hesitate telling you what I believe.I take loyalty to friends very personal and wont hesitate knocking down the gates of hell to bring you home but at the same time if you ask for it I wont blink offering a path back.Bob seems to be a good man with a strong appreciation for the Smith and the fishery so a missed spelled word did not deserve a smart ass remark.It seems any reason or person posting gives you a chance . Keep them coming --be safe
                                                          sorry Darrin & Al for wasting  time here with both of you working for results.

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Al

How about you two agreeing to a duel with 0 weight full flex fly rods at 20 paces. We will bill it as our feature attraction instead of the fly tying at our March 3rd meeting. Should draw a big crowd :embarassed:

22midge

sounds good to me.I prefer a little closer so you can see it in their eyes.

dossphoto

One last shout out for the meeting tomorrow evening.  This is yalls chance to come see me stumble through my first attempt at running this show.  We're going to tie a few bugs and give a few updates about weekend generation, etc, etc and might even have a cold one, or two....
See y'all tomorrow.

Al

We had a good turn out - I counted +20. Lots of interaction at the fly tying vises - plus we nailed down dates for several future activities.  I will write up the minutes as soon as I get some personal business under control.

Dan River Basin Association coordinator Brian Williams took photos and wrote a story on their blog site  http://smithrivervirginiaadventures.blogspot.com/