I've already made the switch
6 (46.2%)
lights? who needs lights?
1 (7.7%)
what will uncle Fester do?
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Woolly Bugger

The brightest bulb in most homes for more than a century is fading toward darkness this year as California turns out the light on the century-old incandescent.

Beginning Jan. 1, the state began phasing out certain energy-sucking bulbs, federal standards the rest of the country will enact next year.

Manufacturers will no longer make the traditional 100-watt bulb and stores will eventually sell out of current supplies. Consumers will have to choose from more efficient bulbs that use no more than 72 watts, including halogen incandescents, compact fluorescents and light-emitting diode, or LED, bulbs.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/01/23/national/a090102S95.DTL#ixzz1BtRtEp3x
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

rjs123

When all we have to choose from are the florescent bulbs it will be good for the housing industry.  Think of all the houses that will burn down and have to be rebuilt when the ballasts flame up like the one pictured below. 

[attach=1]