Blue Ridge TU (Winston-Salem) 1/18/11 -- Al Kittredge Guest Speaker!

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 17, 2011, 23:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

January 18th Chapter Meeting to Feature Al Kittridge

Bob Lassiter, Chapter Secretary and Conservation Chair

We have been trying to get Al Kittredge to visit us for about a year, and he finally has found a break in his fishing and deer hunting schedule to make a trip to BRTU to speak to us. Al is a longtime fisherman, guide and advocate for the Smith River trout fishery up in Basset/Martinsville, VA (One of VA's top 5 trout streams) He also has established a statewide-recognized youth fishing/fly tying program in his home town, Fayetteville (Al is a 34 year army veteran and settled there). You may have read some of Al's many, instructive posts on the Southeast Fly Fishing Forum, and some of you may unknowingly have Al's incredibly effective trout fly creation (the Allie Worm)in your fly box. It will be instructive, and it will be fun! Please make plans to join us on Tues. Jan 18.

Our chapter meets at Lone Star Steakhouse, at 1110 Creekshire Way, Winston-Salem, just off of Hanes Mall Blvd across the road from Target.  Our meetings start at 6:00 PM to allow folks to mingle, order dinner and get settled before the 7:00 program.  We welcome new members and visitors. Bring your family with you. This is a family oriented meeting.

For online directions, go to http://tinyurl.com/blueridgetu

David Richards
President, Blue Ridge Chapter, TU
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

Woolly Bugger

Well he didn't bring the crossbow, but he showed pictures of it!  -0-

good turnout of at least 35

thanks Al!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!