News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Another Newbie

Started by MarshStomper, January 16, 2011, 13:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshStomper

Here it goes

Name is Michael, been fly fishing as long as I can remember. Instead of throwing the football or baseball in the yard my dad and I would fly cast. Began my life in NH and grew up fishing trout and salmon in ME and stripers in the salt. Moved to SC coast and been chasing reds on the flats ever since. Also chase pretty much every other species I can off CHS. I'm in college (sometimes I wonder why) at Clemson so trout fishing regularly has resumed.  Had the opportunity to fish in Sweden and Bahamas. Been tying since 10 although currently I only tie saltwater. Had the fortunate experience of eating dinner with Jack Gartside although I was so young to me he was just the guy who fished on giraffe floats. As my name implies I spend a lot of time in the grass flats and in the winter on the mud flats. Learning the Blue Ridge rivers one weekend at a time. I guess that about sums it up. Always Looking for people to fish with.  Here are some pics:

Stalk

Hook

Land

Fished the Chattooga yesterday managed just one bow and a brown. Both in the 8-10" range. Still a decent amount of ice on the river.
"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good

Holmes

Fish look guud, but mah question be, where da boobies! ;D

5xTippett

When I was at Wofford my roomate and I would head to the Chatooga about once a week after making a stop at Moo U to pick up a buddy from my hometown.  You have a lot more water up in that neck of the woods than most people think.  Welcome to the board. 

Get Bent

What up...  Post some pics of some hot college chicas and you are in!

Konichiwa Bitches!

bullship

Good stuff. Welcome! College boobies would be nice.....
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Rhody

Nice salty pics. Will trade some tailwater trout time for some of that redfish magic if you want to get out sometime, we have been looking for a charlytown redfish connection.

There is good water close to tigertown, I got my trout start while I was in school there many moons ago, although most of those years are kinda fuzzy-

Keep at it with that school thing, it eventually pays off, but makes you wonder about how its gonna be worth it sometimes. Take advantage of studying abroad if you can, looking back, that is one of the things that was really affordable that even my poor college ass did not take advantage of,  and I wish I had gone to other continents to fish, study, party, sample the local talent, etc.

I wonder if there are exchange plans for Chile, Argentina, New Zealand..? You should go out west for EVERY SUMMER!!

Welcome aboard, and as the others have said-Bring the goods college boy

rhody
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

diaz dassie

Heck yeah! I'll trade up some trout time for some of those beastly reds anytime! Welcome aboard. 'c;

MarshStomper

Thanks for the welcome guys hopefully I'll be able to get some TRs up soon with some pics. As for studying abroad I thought about it but unfortunately EE doesnt have any good places abroad so I've decided to take a semester off co-op and save all my money to head to the Keys in May for as long as my funds will allow but we'll see how that works out.

my roomate

I'll work on more goods.
"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good

Holmes

I'z seein sum improvement ;D