News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

winding down...

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 29, 2010, 20:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

getting close to the end of the year and I'm trying to squeeze in a few more hours on the water.
I was suppose to floating on the Watauga, but that didn't work out, so I took the dog up to t
he Smith. No need to hurry as they were generating in the morning. Most of the snow was gone
except for the shady spots. Turned on the camera: Battery Empty! Had to use the cellphone.

The river looked dark and still and a cold wind blew off the remaining snow pack. No bug were to
be seen and the river appeared to be void of fish too. Rigged up some nymphs and worked the
water to no avail. Moved on up a ways and hit another run. This time success!

-0- d:b  -0- d:b  -0- d:b  -0- d:b

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Nice way to get out. I need to find some different waters too.
I have to be back in the swamp hole next Tuesday, so I plan on fishing as many days as I can before then........

Soho tomorrow, if the generation shedzzzzuuule is good.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

blue ridge angler

Good stuff..Got to seize the good days in the wintry time.. 0:0

5xTippett

22midge

Glad you found  something eating ---with the snow melt and cold temps the fish are hugging the bottom.Going to fish tomorrow and Fri. so maybe the rising temps will get them up off of the bottom.Got some new meat to try so a couple of bites will be what I'm after.If they eat it now when the conditions are better they will love it.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

diaz dassie

Woowee, don't mind me tellin ya, but that Oktober Fest shite needs to be drank within 30 days. Shoulda asked the wifey to put a roll of TP in the freezer coz you gonna have ring sting in the morning mate :o
P.S. I'm jus jokin wicha. Nice as always. 'c;

kylemc

I said I was sorry. It was nothing to write home about. Well maybe a short letter  8)