News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Yep you guessed it new guy

Started by steelrain202, November 17, 2010, 16:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoulHook

I went down to my usual stocker pig section of the Watauga earlier this fall and found 2 beaver dams that changed up the whole flow of the area I usually fish. Can't remember the name of the road, but it's right by Appalachian Anglers between Boone and Foscoe.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Al

Quote from: steelrain202 on November 17, 2010, 16:52:57 PM
Howdy all, I am currently stationed in San Antonio, Tx where I am assigned to the Warrior in Transition Battalion. I was wounded in Iraq and was sent home to relax, refit and recover. Well they have told me after 20 yrs, they dont need my old broken ass anymore. So I am retiring and moving back home to Boone,NC were I will be working for the family business. I know there are tons of fly fishing freaks up there. Heck my parents have a store right next to some big shop up there and their neighbor is a guide and river bum. Having never been one to trout fish on a fly I am really looking forward to learning. It just seems so much more involved than fly fishing the salt which I have been doing the last few years. I am a man of few words these days and prefer to sit back and listen ask an occasional question and learn from my mistakes. Id appreciate any constructive advice and thanks for leaving the door unlocked.

I know Boone is a long drive from Fayetteville but it might be gas money well spent to come down to one of our cold water fly fishing clincs which are held at the NCWRC Pechmann Fishing Education Center - we can shorten the learning curve. Either that, or come down to one of the Wounded Warrior events (2nd Wed of each month) - We will have trout in two of our ponds until about Apr 15th.