News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hot Spotter

Started by jwgnc, December 12, 2010, 10:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwgnc

This fish finder's display is worn on your wrist, letting you move freely as you angle.

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/72578?promo=Gadgets&catid=602

I tried mine on the Mitchell - and got a lot of false positives from beer bottles.  It showed the brown bottles as Salmo Trutta and got me all excited.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Trout Maharishi

How do you keep it from floating away?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Peddler

Quote from: jwgnc on December 12, 2010, 10:40:43 AM
This fish finder's display is worn on your wrist, letting you move freely as you angle.

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/72578?promo=Gadgets&catid=602

I tried mine on the Mitchell - and got a lot of false positives from beer bottles.  It showed the brown bottles as Salmo Trutta and got me all excited.

Is it time for the Carolina Fly Fishing Club and TU to clean that river again?
We have access is because of the big heart of the land owner. I spotted him cleaning the mess users make and we rallied the troops to give it a good cleaning in the water and out.
Ain't no way the land owner should clean up after slobs using HIS property.

As for that fish finder, does it show depth? If so, I have a 1 acre pond with fat bream in it you are free to fish for if you use that sucker to give me an idea of the depths in it. Deal?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

jwgnc

Just saw that thing while shopping and thought I'd spin a yarn.  Don't think it'd be much use on a flowing river.  Most of know whare they are anyway - just can't always fool 'em.

When I see trash in the Mitchell or its surroundings I pick it up.  Most of the guys and gals I see seem to be pretty good about things like that.  I too met the fine owner of the area we fish and thanked him for what he's done for us. 
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

phg

Interesting.  I've looked at these before, but not very closely.  It's a Hummingbird RF35 Dual display wrist sonar.  You can get it off Amazon for $87, by the way.

It uses an RF sender that you cast out into the water, and displays info back on your wrist mounted receiver.  It includes depth and temperature readings.  The reviews are a bit mixed.  A full featured fish finder it is not, but it does have basic function.  It seems to be aimed primarily at the bank fisherman, but it strikes me as something a float tube fisherman could also use.  Interestingly, the sensor, that you cast out, can double as your bobber.  Replacement sensors are about $25, if a big fish breaks your bobber off....