• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
December 04, 2021, 15:26:44 PM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Warming Trend..

Started by blue ridge angler, December 12, 2010, 00:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

Today was the final, and warmest day of a 4 day warming trend so I thought I would head out on my home water and try to redeem myself from a skunking which had left a bad taste in my mouth at the beginning of the week..The river looked as good as I have seen it in quite sometime..

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="480" height="640" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="640" height="186" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="640" height="480" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

despite still being hunkered down on the bottom the fish were hungry and willing to take big flies if you could get them in front of there noses..

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="640" height="480" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

Some cool new art had appeared since last I was here..

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="480" height="640" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

As always it was a great time..Till next time..  0:0

tomato can

Wow that is a nice brookie!

blue ridge angler

Quote from: tomato can on December 12, 2010, 10:22:48 AM

Wow that is a nice brookie!

yeah I had a 10" rainbow on the line and as I brought it in that brookie was attacking it..even when the rainbow was right against my waist the brookie kept biting it as I was trying to pick it up..I finally grabbed the brookie, and he bolted and disappeared..I released the rainbow and on the next cast caught the brookie..this is a low elevation stream with no natives in it..the brookie is most likely a hold over..

jwgnc

Those rainbows are chubby - Nice to have a productive stream that's close by.

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

tbird4

great looking water BRA!  Fishies aint bad either, that girdle bugs killin um.  'c;

OldDominionAngler

Wow, that's the work of one artistic vandal.

Purdy water.  0:0

diaz dassie

Dayum Buddy, those are some nice bows 'c;

That brookie kinda looks angry/embarrased all in one! :laugh:

#CommissionsEarned