New to Forum.. What new 4wt to buy?

Started by Dangerfield, December 08, 2010, 19:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangerfield

Hello, I'm new to this forum.  Been looking at this forum and others for a year or so to learn as much as I can about the sport.  Been hooked for about two years now.

I am looking at buying a new rod.  I currently use a cheapo from bass pro 7'6'' 5wt and an older eagle claw glass rod 7ft 5wt. 
I'm looking to upgrade to a better feeling rod.  Warranty plays a role in my purchase as I'm kinda rough on equipment. I have a few Loomis bass rods that have great warrantys.  I like the fact if I break a rod I can pay a small fee to have it fixed or replaced even if it was my fault.

I'll be fishing hatchery supported streams and a few small brook trout streams.  Also, used some for some panfish on ponds and lake.  Live on High Rock Lake in Lexington.
Looking at getting a 7' or 7'6'' ft 4wt and don't wanna spend over $300.  Appreciate any help or opinions. 

blue ridge angler

You should go to a shop and cast as many different brands as possible before buying..
That being said..Scott rods really lay it down..

trouthemp

were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

22midge

does TM know you got pics of his girlfriend playing on a table leg?
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Leedawg

Trouthemp.... Damn compactor is hell on the gear  bd;0

bullship

I like this one. It's versatile.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot