News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Back At It

Started by MuddlerMan, December 08, 2010, 18:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuddlerMan

Had today off as well and with a hint from Get Bent, made the 80 mile trip to Steamboat Springs to fish the Yampa River. Never wet a line on the Yampa. Couldn't find any public access water, or water that wasn't frozen for that matter. Turned the vehicle around and made the trip back to the Colorado. Fished for a couple of hours, LDR'd a few and landed a small brown. The weather was "warm" today, and there was a midge hatch going on for the little while I was there. Couldn't stay any longer due to the fact I couldn't feel my feet  b';  The water is hovering just above freezing and makes for some brutal conditions. Here are some pics I snapped today.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Grateful Dead

jwgnc

how many beers did it take to get to Steamboat and back.  Was that trip a 3wt or 4wt
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Rhody

good on you for gettin out
great pics
watch out for that intel from bent, it usually leads to big fish
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Woolly Bugger

thanks for the report... nice flicks too, too bad the water was white and hard...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

twinbridges

Heading out to Twin over New Years but from what I hear the Big Hole has become a solid....snow pack is getting a great start for next year so that is my Christmas present.

I admire your toughness.