Smith River TU meet, Thurs, Dec 2nd, Rania's uptown Martinsville VA

Started by Al, November 27, 2010, 20:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Smith River Trout Unlimited will meet at Rania's Restaurant in uptown Martinsville, on Thursday, December 2, 2010, at 6:30 pm.  In addition to being our annual Christmas event the program for the evening will include:
Wrap up of activities  we have been involved with in 2010 (Brown trout slot limit proposal, Environmental Expo,  Smith River Clean Up, TIC, Blackberry Creek)

Nomination and election of officers for calendar year 2011 - The following members have stepped forward for these positions (We will also accept nominations from the floor)
        President - Darrin Doss
        Vice President - Shane Pinkston
        Treasurer - Paul Fogle
        Secretary - Al Kittredge
Planning of activities for 2011 (Now is the time to come up with your suggestions)
Come on out to thank Shane for holding it together for 2010 and pledge your support to Darrin for 2011. You do not have to be a member of TU to attend our meetings.(You must be a member in order to vote on chapter business).   Anyone who has an interest in the Smith River Fishery is encouraged to attend.

Rania's provides us with a meeting space with the expectation that the majority of attendees will purchase a meal. (Good food, moderate prices).  Address is 147 E. Main St., Martinsville, VA  24112. It is in the historic district of Martinsville known as uptown as it sits on a hill.

For information contact Chapter Pres Shane Pinkston shane@southprintinc.com   Secy Al Kittredge, (910) 868-6235 aakitt@earthlink.net or check our website for more details and directions.  www.smithrivertu.com 

Al

I am heading out in a few minutes for a 150 mile drive to attend the SRTU meeting tonight. I don't want to hear the usual  excuses about how inconvenient it is for you make it.  :'( :'(

outdoorguy3

Life's about havin' FUN!!!

Woolly Bugger

yeah, al, but then again you don't have to drive home afterwards
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

22midge

bro  Rafe I wish you wouldnt use that 4 letter word around me. 'c; 'c; 'c;...somebody showed up in one of the "houses" this week so Im staying close  to da fire.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Al

Well we had a good meeting but as usual those that are the most outspoken critics were conspicuously absent. b'; b'; b';

bugman

Al, outspoken critics of what?  TU?  Smith River TU?  Smith River? Officers?  Rania's Restaurant?  Agenda? And why would you beat your head against a brick wall X 3 because the critics didn't show?  I think you should be grateful. 

So, what about a quick synopsis of the meeting?  Anything new? Thanks.

Al

Quote from: bugman on December 04, 2010, 20:33:37 PM
Al, outspoken critics of what?  TU?  Smith River TU?  Smith River? Officers?  Rania's Restaurant?  Agenda? And why would you beat your head against a brick wall X 3 because the critics didn't show?  I think you should be grateful. 

So, what about a quick synopsis of the meeting?  Anything new? Thanks.

Just got home - will write up the minutes and post sometime in next few days.

Concerning the critics - Nothing specific, just voicing my frustration. Seems like some of them would be willing to grab the reins but "No, sorry, I'm too busy" b'; b'; b'; 

22midge

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life