News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Rod choice

Started by JA, November 21, 2010, 20:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JA

I'm looking at gettin a new rod,  the rods i'm lookin at are winston vsl, gloomis xperience, scott a3, sage flight. Any feedback would be great, good or bad.

blue ridge angler

Scott a3 casts like a dream..

snagaluffaguss

kylemc

Quote from: JA on November 21, 2010, 20:27:23 PM
I'm looking at gettin a new rod,  the rods i'm lookin at are winston vsl, gloomis xperience, scott a3, sage flight. Any feedback would be great, good or bad.

I would cast them to see which I liked better...but that's just me ::)

JA

yes im going to ,it would be nice to find a shop that sells all that im lookin at so i could cast them all at one time.

troutboy_II

There's a new Sage variant of the XP called the VXP at $485 that sounds like an interesting option.  I've not cast one yet, but have loved my XP's and would be interested in trying one of these out.  May be a little more than you want to pay, but...

As already mentioned, you gotta try for yourself and see what "fits" you.  We all have favorites that work for us, but they may not be your cup of tea, so try as many as you can in your price range.  Your final choice might surprise you.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.