News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

#%^$@! thieves

Started by sdavis, November 21, 2010, 15:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdavis

My son and a couple of friends are camping/fishing at the D., upstream of the hatchery...I was supposed to join them Mon. afternoon. Well, just got a call and their camp was ripped off bad while they were out on the river yesterday. Took their packs, bags, stoves, lanterns, even a pair of prescription glasses !!! I'm soo pissed !!! They called yesterday and they were having a GREAT time, good fishing, good friends, you know. Now they're heading home.

This is the second time in a row this has happened to us, at different sites on the D. I'm tempted to go set up a camp and wait in the trees for 'em >:D... Anyway, just wanted to give you guys a heads up...watch your stuff.....I hate a f*cking  thief....

Steve

mecnc

Yeah that's some bullshit. Wouldn't you just love to catch the lowlife in the act. Unfortunately our parks and national forests have become "home" to some individuals who ain't worth a shit. b';

possessed

That sucks, sorry to hear it.

The last time I was in that area, there were signs up all over Avery Creek "thief in the area, stole our grill and lantern"

I stayed at Davidson River Campground for this reason.  Yes, I know a thief can hit there as well but it's less likely than a site along the forest road.

JA

it takes a low life, sorry ass piece of trash to steal from people out camping like that. hopefully next time they will fall in the water and their ass will drown!

Woolly Bugger

that really sucks, I can't stand thieves! 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Rivers Way 1

Hate to hear about that kind of bullshit in those parts. Last time I camped below the hatchery in the big hemlock grove we had some neighbors that we called the authorities in to check out. They were cooking meth, had automatic weapons, poached about 20 fish, and had outstanding warrants in SC. All that to say, it's a damn shame. Again, sorry to hear about the mess.

sdavis

Thanx for all the concern...worst part of all this was that we'd planned a long camp/fish extravaganza for a few months and this happened right at the beginning of it all. They went ahead and fished the next day, caught some hawgs then headed back home. My son had a better outlook on the whole episode than I thought he would. I figured he'd have the black-ass for the rest of the week, but he handled pretty good...proud of him. We ended up going back Sat. for the day, just the two of us, and had a decent day. Not very many people, but not very much water, either. Tough conditions, but we each caught some good'uns.
Anyway, appreciate the posts condemning those rat bastards...looks like we'll be having a camping gear Xmas......

Steve

TroutBumNT

Wow, that sucks!  I guess the only way to fish out here is to fish within eyesight of your car & get a room for the night.....

diaz dassie

Thieves are the dingleberries of society, unless you wax that alley, the fuckas will keep coming back. >:D
Man, sorry to hear about ur kids misfortune. Hows about u send the lighties (South African for lads) to Balsam Grove and let em stay at my mates camp (At the Ridge) nobody fucks with anyone (not even I am allowed to get outta hand) coz its a tight knit community and they take care of their guests...just a thought, BTW the Davidson SUCKS b'; BIG BIG _____