Yep you guessed it new guy

Started by steelrain202, November 17, 2010, 16:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelrain202

Howdy all, I am currently stationed in San Antonio, Tx where I am assigned to the Warrior in Transition Battalion. I was wounded in Iraq and was sent home to relax, refit and recover. Well they have told me after 20 yrs, they dont need my old broken ass anymore. So I am retiring and moving back home to Boone,NC were I will be working for the family business. I know there are tons of fly fishing freaks up there. Heck my parents have a store right next to some big shop up there and their neighbor is a guide and river bum. Having never been one to trout fish on a fly I am really looking forward to learning. It just seems so much more involved than fly fishing the salt which I have been doing the last few years. I am a man of few words these days and prefer to sit back and listen ask an occasional question and learn from my mistakes. Id appreciate any constructive advice and thanks for leaving the door unlocked.

Woolly Bugger

1. Thanks for your service
2. Welcome
3. Boone ain't bad, I pass through there all the time on the way to the So. Holston  :)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Always good to see new folks join, that aren't spill over from the SELFF.....

Welcome..... 'c;

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

jwgnc

Boone will be a great home base  - there's trout in them thar hills.

Thank you for your service
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

5xTippett

Welcome!  The fishing will be a lot better, but huntingwise it is not Kerrville and the Hill Country. -0-  Thanks for your military service.

cmiller51h

Welcome, 27 Army years and still going. Been home from Duchbagistan 3 weeks yesterday. Been on this site for years, Lots of good people and great advise and more bullshit than you can stand. I live in Hickory and have a cabin 30 mins up 321 from Boone. I fish the Watugua and South Holston pretty regularly. Going back in 11 months and then retiring also. Shoot me a PM and we can meet up someplace.
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Leedawg

Thanks for the service!!!!! Foscoe aint bad. I cut my teeth as a fly fishermen there while going to ASU and started guiding out of there later on down the road. Will try and get up with ya when the fishing gets a little better in the spring. Till then. WELCOME HOME!!!!

blue ridge angler

Welcome and thanks for your service..

flyman

Come on home, heal up, and relax you've earned it 'c;. Welcome to the low rent district, keep the light on and the frig stocked. We might want to use your place as a resupply point on the way over the hump ;D
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

diaz dassie

!. Youve earned it
2. Youve earned it
3, if you fish for stockers> b';
4. Thanks kindly for your services, Sir. I was jus kiddin!
6. You have to earn your stripes to be a blueliner, but again, refer to 4!!!

Woolly Bugger

blue line refers to unnamed creeks which are 'blue lines' on maps
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

Quote from: steelrain202 on November 20, 2010, 16:00:30 PM
Quote from: Transylwader on November 20, 2010, 02:55:36 AM
!. Youve earned it   (TY
2. Youve earned itTY
3, if you fish for stockers> b';Being new to coldwater trout on the fly,Ill take what I can get.
4. Thanks kindly for your services, Sir. I was jus kiddin!There aint no harm in a little fun.
6. You have to earn your stripes to be a blueliner, but again, refer to 4!!!A blue what? Not familiar with this new vernacular. Trying to figure all this out.
I gots to stop this drinking deal, but I left out #5: Your avatar pic is priceless! Bluelining? ah hem, it;s pretty durn cool, try it sometime brother 8)

FoulHook

Don't worry about Transylwader, he can't count. 1's and 5's are hard to figure out. And man is it cold up here at 3,000+.  Was just hovering around 0 last week with wind chills well below.  Snow everywhere. Creeks frozen all the way over.  But it's a balmy 37 right now, and come spring, it'll be real nice.  You're only a few steps from the Watauga, I fish there sometimes when I don't have time to get up to the bluelines. Oh yeah, and if you ever head down to the Davidson, them are all wild fish, Transylwader will attest to that too.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

outdoorguy3

Thanks for your service!

Welcome and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Ralph ;D
Life's about havin' FUN!!!