News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ya never know unless ya go!

Started by Woolly Bugger, November 16, 2010, 22:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Well my multi day trip turned into one single day, today. I wanted to hit the So Ho, weather looked good for some solid BWO action, cool rain all day is the forecast that I read. I was pouring down hard here, and I wasn't too excited about the drive over, but as 9:30 rolled around I headed out the door. I planned to arrive around noon and catch the falling water from the mornings generation.

It rained all the way to Newland, but when I crossed the continental divide the gray clouds parted and blue skies with white clouds greeted my. So much for an awesome BWO hatch.

It took a little longer that I had calculated but I was fishing by 12:30 or so. The water was still up and I nymphed likely runs.

The bite was off and I had to work for the fish. All of them took a bwo nymph of one pattern or another. Finally towards the end of the day, it started to rain and the fish rose steadily to the bows. Not really a heavy hatch by any means. The wind blew hard for a while too. I managed to take a couple on the surface.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trouthemp

were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

tattdflythrower

"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

blue ridge angler

dats dat sheet right dere.. 0:0 0:0

flyman

Right choice on the watershed :)
Nice looking fish :D
You suck ;)
To bad about the people that were involved in the wreck on 77, man that looked awful :(

Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

Woolly Bugger

yeah, the fog was bad enough going up the Blue Ridge escarpment on 421, I hate that climb up I-77 when the weather is bad.

I've been stuck in traffic coming home on 77 before, another reason that I avoid it.

Despite the fog I made it to the river in 2:30
me -There's a season?

kylemc

Solid bro......way to get after them

diaz dassie

Dayum,
I gots the Jonesin again...
Awesome pix as usual 'c;

tbird4