News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

I'm back (FINALLY!!!)

Started by cmiller51h, October 30, 2010, 21:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod Champion

welcome home Chuck ! The sulphurs are still hanging on here.
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

diaz dassie

Hells yeah! Welcome back man and a BIIIG thanks for your services 'c; 'c; 'c;

cmiller51h

Quote from: streamer on November 02, 2010, 09:53:56 AM
Welcome home, Chuck. Thanks for all you do in service to our country. If you're still near Asheville this weekend, come by the WNC Fly Fishing Expo in Fletcher (just south of Asheville) near the airport. A bunch of us (Maharashi included) will be tying flies there, then going off to fish the Davidson. It'd be an honor for any of us to have you along.

Yer Pal,
Streamer

I'd love to but Cindy's planned a "Surprise" Welcome Home party for me. I guess I'd better stay close to the house. I am planning on gettin out next week. I thought I'd come home and hit the water right off. Amazing how your plans change. Thanks for all of the well wishes. I'm very glad tobe back!
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

cmiller51h

Oh well, so much for being back! Was asked to maybe go back in 11 months and take a company over as it's First Sergeant. Hard to turn down. That's kinda the pinnacle of my carrer. I guess I've got some thinkin to do here soon. Train up starts soon. Retirement is lookin awful good! ;D
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

phg

But we've already got a Bragg FF club. It meets at the Pechmann center the first Wed of every month.  We'd love for y'all to come by. 

cmiller51h

Quote from: troutfanatic on November 14, 2010, 17:24:39 PM
Hey Sapper!

I sent you a PM the other day. Let's hook up via Outlook/AKO at work. Maybe we can plan something for the future. As far as working RCPs... you're crazy! We probably flew coverage for ya if you were down in RC South. I been doing this gig for 23+ but because I decided to thumb my nose at all those ignorant PT belt inspectors (E-9s) I tacked on 6 years as a warrant. I would be so gone right now. Retire brother; lotsa other careers waiting. The fish are begging you to stay in for their safety. Hit me back on PM and let's stand up a Bragg FF Club!

Cheers!
Brian

Yeah, I was in Kandahar area most of the time. Some time up in Zabal province. We patrolled along Hwy 1 and 4 and north and south of it. Great place! Found more IEDs and killed more BGs than anybody in the area!

phg

Quote from: troutfanatic on November 14, 2010, 23:01:12 PM
phg, send me the details and I am in.

what happend to the TU chapter based out of Cape Fear Outfiters?

I'll try to remind you before the next event.  Al usually posts the details a few days before, but he's off chasing Bambi's daddy, and doesn't seem to have time for his fishing buddies these days. 

I believe the next WW event is Dec 1.  It was originally designed for GI's recovering from injuries, but it is now open to all active duty servicemen and servicewomen. 

I don't know what happened to the Cape Fear organization.  It seems to have disappeared. 

There is/was a Cape Lookout Flyfishers in Morehead City, and the WEB site is still up, but there are no dates filled in on the events calendar.  If you are interested in saltwater fly fishing, though, you could try contacting some of them.  Capt. Doug Sinclair was the driving force behind the club.
http://www.thecapelookoutflyfishers.com/contact.htm