News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Political Correctness Gone Mad

Started by Silver Creek, October 21, 2010, 10:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

NPR has made a big mistake, not only with the firing of Juan Williams, but with drawing attention to the NPR network.  NPR has outlived it's usefulness. The government doesn't need to be funding a radio network in this day and age of cell phones, mobile devices, computers, and hundreds of tv and radio stations. This is only going to draw negative attention to it's lack of usefulness in this day and time of budget deficits and floundering economy. The First Amendment and freedom of speech are often sighted at times like this, but in reality we have rarely been able to say exactly what was on our mind without fear of retribution from someone. Try telling your wife what you really think ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

snagaluffaguss

I thought freedom of speech meant that the government cant lock you up for what you say?

I never knew it extended to not getting fired?

What would the world look like if everyone said whatever ignorant thought came into their head at any moment without repercussion?

....probably a lot like an internet forum.

snagaluffaguss

I still think it was stupid to fire the guy.  Just as stupid as what he said on fox.