• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
December 05, 2021, 10:49:34 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

rassum frassum

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 18, 2010, 11:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

After another victorious soccer game, I headed up the road into Virginia to get down to eastern Tennessee. Stopping in at Rod's fly shop I picked up some supplies, everybody was still talking abotw the BOW hatch two weeks ago.

Headed on down the river only to realize that the water was up, turns out there was a two hour release and I had to wait for the water to fall as the upper river was stacked up with long rods. Clear skies and warm weather forced the angler hatch. I'm waiting for the weather to turn nasty, bring on the BOWs!

Picked off a few in some new spots and then fished the surface. The fish weren't as active as I would have hoped but I managed to get a few to hand. Then my CFO reel jammed up and ended my day. I appears that the spindle has unscrewed and bent the rim of the spool binding things up tight.

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="724" height="409" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="724" height="409" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

After borrowing a reel from River Man, I got back on the water the next day and nymphed in the morning and fished dries in the afternoon. Sparkle Duns, Snowshoe Biots and CDC patters, brought the fish to the surface.  Dropped my forceps into a deep run. I tend to loose a pair every year. Had a few memorable moments with big fish breaking off on submerged branches,  ferocious head shakes while leaping out of the river and broken knots.

I caught enough and headed back home in the afternoon, well before sunset, but I'll be back again soon enough.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

Dayum Woowee, you sure put the hurting on them troots.  V:;

You effin  {S;

Get Bent

Good stuff, and I bet that will teach you to carry an extra reel with ya next time. Oh and  {S;

Konichiwa Bitches!

flyman

What did you catch the frog on? I knew you were over there, my spies had spotted you at a well know hangout 8) {S;

Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

jwhop3

Sounds like a great trip, even with the Trials of Jobe.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~

cypresstrout

Flyman, You don't have any spies in the lowcountry of SC, do you?  If so, no more watching midget wrestling in Myrtle Beach for me! >:D

possessed

Good stuff, nice looking troots.

flyman

Too late stump knocker, you have already been busted, your vehicle has been seen at the all you can drink draft beer for a $1 night.  We all know what happens at those kink of places. IMO midget mud wrestling is better than daytime tv. :D

Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: flyman on October 18, 2010, 17:09:35 PM

IMO midget mud wrestling is better than daytime tv. :D

wait, wasn't that on Jerry Springer last week???  -0-

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

kylemc

Woolly Bugger

Sent the reel off last week to:

Archuleta's Reel  Works
733 Detrick Drive
Grants Pass, OR  97527

his message from Friday...

Got it!  Haven't had a chance  to look at it, yet (38 reels on the bench before you.)

-arch-

me -There's a season?

HuckA1A

What camera are you using, woolly?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

#CommissionsEarned