News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Feast or Famine

Started by MuddlerMan, October 04, 2010, 07:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuddlerMan

And today was definitely famine. It's crazy what wild browns will do to ones psyche. I fished 7 hours for one fish in the last 45 mins. I tried everything. I threw dries, I nymphed, threw streamers, everything but busting out midges. I got smacked down. I love wild brown trout.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I doubt if anyone remembers this, but a few months ago I posted about running into a guy panning for gold. Well, I ran into him again today. We both recognized each other and got to talking. Turns out my "gold mine" is literally a gold mine! The guy told me he hadn't seen any fish activity. He said usually when he's panning, he'll see fish scurry by him when someone is fishing towards him. Not today. He was as dumbfounded as me!

In all reality, the water has cooled considerably, cleared up a bit, and dropped since I fished it Wednesday. I really think the fish were laid up spawning. From the fish I've caught the past two trips there are some really healthy fish in the river!
"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Grateful Dead

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

blue ridge angler

I was in the same boat a couple days ago..
dropped a micro may off my normal sized nymph and turned my day around real quick..

good shit.. 0:0

diaz dassie

Feck yes, you need to help that bloke pan for some gold so I can have me a shot at some buttery browns man... ;D

Get Bent

Sometimes you need a reality check...that is what keeps me coming back! Nice brownie brown!
<-;:
Konichiwa Bitches!

Trout Maharishi

Learn how to cast and you might be able to catch more than those 4" Brook trout consistently.  <-;:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

MuddlerMan

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 04, 2010, 19:48:55 PM
Learn how to cast and you might be able to catch more than those 4" Brook trout consistently.  <-;:

Man, I been wonderin where you been hidin.  Good to have ya back around   -0-
"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Grateful Dead

diaz dassie

Quote from: MuddlerMan on October 04, 2010, 21:45:10 PM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 04, 2010, 19:48:55 PM

Man, I been wonderin where you been hidin.  Good to have ya back around   -0-
Alrite Parka, u n I is tight, let 'er rip breh...tear 'im a new one!