• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
December 05, 2021, 09:43:59 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Back On The Stream Today

Started by possessed, September 28, 2010, 21:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possessed

After 13 days of not fishing, I was having some serious withdrawals.  I couldn't eat or sleep, I was grumpy, I was starting to go into detox.  I'm a trout junkie and can not go that long without hitting the stream and getting my fix.

The day started off pretty strong.  Had I been creeling, I could have had two limits in the first thirty minutes.  Nothing too big, mostly 7-8 inch rainbows and a few browns.

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

I finished up that section and hit up another little section of stream.  Nothing too fancy, but I did pick up a few bigger ones.  I must have been getting tired because I "LDR'ed" quite a few later in the day, a few that were of decent proportion.  Big Daddy Rainbow and Grandpa Brown both gave me the slip today.

I finished up that section and decided to go way down stream and fish a section I had never fished.  I was not impressed to say the least.  I caught a few adult trout, at least a dozen chubs and horny heads, and about a half dozen baby browns and rainbows.  I guess the baby trout are a good sign the stream is reproducing.

How old y'all reckon this beast is?

All and all, I had a blast and it was a great day on the stream.  I did see another angler today, only the second time I have ever seen another person out there.

I laid off the green weenies, I used standard nymphs for droppers today.  Most fish were caught on nymphs but I landed maybe a dozen on the dry.

Had I used bead head weenies, I know I would have brought triple digits to hand.  Trying to be a purist is killing my catch rate.

dnakamoto

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Get Bent

There ya go just rub it in Transyl's face.  :P

Konichiwa Bitches!

diaz dassie

Get Bent

Konichiwa Bitches!

possessed

tbird4

Damn my standards for a wild stream must be low, I go out with 7 to 8" fish being nice fish and anything over a bonus.  That's a fine day on the water man! 'c; I'm guessing fuk all yall.

possessed

Quote from: Get Bent on September 28, 2010, 22:07:03 PM

There's always the fishing pier on the South Mountain DH.  They even have one on the wild section.   ;D

diaz dassie

Quote from: possessed on September 29, 2010, 15:58:07 PM

There's always the fishing pier on the South Mountain DH.  They even have one on the wild section.   ;D

Who da fuk fishes from a pier? Heck, I put a saddle on my rotweiler and she took me up xxxxxxx creek! No worries there, its the wilderness areas I am concerned about, she may very well eat a bear or one of you guys :laugh:

possessed

Quote from: Transylwader on September 29, 2010, 16:03:49 PM

Quote from: possessed on September 29, 2010, 15:58:07 PM

Who da fuk fishes from a pier? Heck, I put a saddle on my rotweiler and she took me up xxxxxxx creek! No worries there, its the wilderness areas I am concerned about, she may very well eat a bear or one of you guys :laugh:

I knew that would get you going.   :laugh:   -0-

jdavis22

Have fly rod will travel!

#CommissionsEarned