Smith-Saturday afternoon

Started by 5xTippett, August 29, 2010, 14:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

I headed North Saturday morning.  I wasn't in a big hurry due to the boat flotilla causing a generation from 8:00 until 12:00.  Al called me while I was on the way, to inform me the water was clear downstream.  I decided to fish upstream first and head downstream later if the mood hit.   I arrived around 2:00 and the water was already low where I wanted to fish.  Unfortunately, there was a man hauling buggy walking down the road with a fly rod heading toward where I was planning to go.  I headed on upstream past where he was parked and headed for spot number 2.  There was a car parked by spot number 2.  I turned around and stopped in between the 2 spots.  I walked down the road and bushwhacked to the river.  There was nobody within sight as far as I could see.  I waded upstream through some shallow water and got to the shady pool I was looking for.  I could see fish moving around in the shade.  I caught 2 browns and a decent rainbow in short order.  I then had a decent rainbow on when I looked around and saw somebody going 90 miles an hour through the shallow water heading my way.  It turned out it was the same guy that beat me to my original spot.  He headed to the bank and left.  I don't think he was happy to see me where I was.  Well, what the heck, I wasn't happy to see him heading down the road earlier either.  I proceeded to catch about 14 or 15 more until I got back to the car.  It was getting close to 5 and I decided to head downstream and try to catch some bigger ones.  That was not the brightest idea I have ever had.  I rolled downstream and didn't see much of anything moving.  I fished two spots over the next two hours and caught a grand total of 3 fish, none of which were bigger than what I had been catching.  What the heck, that first hour was strong and I had fun.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

possessed

Nice looking fish.  That 4th pic, that's a cool looking brown.

Al

That fellow who hurried to get in front of you was likely gmatt53 :o - from the looks of his post "smithed" he caught all the big ones before you got to them  ;)

22midge

not really .......thats just 5x using his other board name.He mentioned the beetle didnt he?? ;D ;D ;D
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

5xTippett

Nyah, wasn't Gmatt.  The guy who hurried to get ahead of me told me only caught 3! -0-

Trout Maharishi

Better fish out that special regs section before the rules change. >:D ;D Catch them on the Allie worm or the Townsend beetle? /"\
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

5xTippett

I want to know where you found that fat whistling smiley. >:D  I actually like him better than the banana!  Fess up or I won't tie you any more Townsend beetles for your wilderness area.

Trout Maharishi

The super special extra premium membership status does have it's advantages.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

diaz dassie

Deayum, that 4th [ic brown is remeniscent of the original browns in Cape Town South Africa. BTW, you may wanna post somethign quick, you have 666 posts :laugh: ah shit, I meant :o actually  /"\

blue ridge angler

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

Fuzzy one, what did you have to do to get that super special extra premium membership?  Loan out your midgets? -0-