Alabamian loving Blue Ridge streams

Started by jdavis22, August 07, 2010, 15:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdavis22

My name is Jason and even though I live in Alabama where there is but one place to catch trout, I love to flyfish and get to NC to fish several times a year.  I have a brother that lives in Charlotte and we travel from there.  Hope to meet some of you on the stream in the future.
Have fly rod will travel!

croaker

Welcome!

Be advised:  That you are living near and driving past many other fish that can be caught on the fly  :o
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

jdavis22

Quote from: croaker on August 07, 2010, 21:15:51 PM
Welcome!

Be advised:  That you are living near and driving past many other fish that can be caught on the fly  :o

Don't worry, trout are not the only thing I flyfish for.  I spend as much time in small streams catching bream and bass as I do fishing for trout. 

Gofisher

Would that one trout haven be the Sipsey? Welcome aboard.
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

jdavis22

Yes, the only place we have to trout fish in  Alabama is the Sipsey.  It is a fun place to catch good numbers of rainbows in the 10 to 13 inch range.  I found that NC streams are much more difficult to catch fish on and look forward to gaining some "local" knowledge from reading the infromation posted here.  Thanks for the welcome and if you get down this way I will be glad to show you what I know about the Sipsey.  The fish in my avatar came from the Sipsey.  I caught one that size a week before on my 3wt and that was fun.  Both fish measured around 16 inches and were fat.