Main Menu

-

Started by Joe810, July 02, 2010, 23:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe810

-
-

phg

Yeah, there are some streams nearby, but this time of year, they are warm and low.  Fishing is pretty tough.  Your best bet is to hook up with one of the guys from the area and get them to show you around. 

Cowboy

Hey there,

Unfortunately I will be out of town that weekend, or else I would have been glad to show you around. So, I will send you a PM with all the latest steam info , I got some real good suggestions for this time of year. Hope you catch some nice fish on your visit up this way.

-Jesse

tomato can

I am about an hour south of Cville and its very very dry.  But if ya must, I reckon the Conway or the Rapidan would be my best bet from Cville.  Or Mossey but ya have to have your sh!t together and get a permit from Verona.  If ya gotta wet a line, I bet the Rivanna (through town) or James (in Scottsville) is fishin' pretty fine...

Cowboy

Quote from: tomato can on July 06, 2010, 09:15:48 AM
I am about an hour south of Cville and its very very dry.  But if ya must, I reckon the Conway or the Rapidan would be my best bet from Cville.  Or Mossey but ya have to have your sh!t together and get a permit from Verona.  If ya gotta wet a line, I bet the Rivanna (through town) or James (in Scottsville) is fishin' pretty fine...

Good call. Temps have started to climb to 100 degrees up here in Harrisonburg, so the brookies might be better off left alone. Smallies would be your best bet SBeane, they like this warm water! If trout are a must, then just head over to beaver creek. It stays nice and cold in the summer, and those big bows are true chumps for a san juan worm.  -0-

tomato can

I am glad that info checked out.  Let me know if you are in Lynchburg - I got some blue lines to fish, nuthin' fancy but fun nonetheless. 

Cowboy

Largies and smallies... Glad your trip was a success!  y;

phg

The bass look good.  Good option.

Actually, my wife and I were up at Big Meadows on Skyline Drive this past weekend.  We hiked down to Dark Hollow Falls on Hogcamp Creek.  The water flow was just a trickle.  Those fish have to be seriously stressed.  The park badly needs more rain.  It came a pretty good shower Friday night, but it will take several days of steady rain to restore the water levels in Big Meadows.