A few slots left for Warm Water Fly Fish Clinic @ NCWRC Pechmann Center

Started by Al, June 18, 2010, 13:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

There are still a few  slots left for the Warm Water Fly Fishing Clinic being held at the NCWRC John E. Pechmann Fishing Education Center (Opposite Lake Rim on west side of Fayetteville) on Saturday, June 26th, 2010. It will start  at 9:00am and end at 3:30pm.

We will follow a similar format that we use with cold water clinics but modify it to warm water species. We will have stations for knots & rod assembly, habitat & ethics, casting overview & "hands on" and a  bug and popper fly tying demonstration.  Of course we will top it all off with three hours of fishing for catfish, bass, hybrids and bream.  The catfish and bream are hitting well so everyone should catch lots of fish. 

We recently received some nice largemouth bass which range from 3 to 8 pounds. Several were caught & released at out June 9th military appreciation event.

Registration through Lake Rim Park (424-6134) . The cost is $5. Pre-registration is required. This is a great opportunity to learn the basics of fly fishing.

Please pass this information on to your friends and associates.

Al

I checked again today and the slots are filling fast. If you should call and they say they are sold out, show up anyway, see me and I will let you in as a standby.