News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited Darwin Award Nominations

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 07, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Trespassers badly burned after touching high-voltage wire

QuoteTwo people were badly burned after they touched a live wire at a Progress Energy transformer substation, at 3300 Tryon Road, and were shocked by 23,000 volts of electricity, according to Wake County sheriff's officials.

QuoteWhile the station was up and running Monday morning, Progress Energy officials said the incident did tens of thousands of dollars in damage and left about 12,000 homes temporarily without power.

Crew members said they have no idea why the trio would have wanted to get inside the area, because there is nothing to steal.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7734500/

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

Ha ha, LMFAO!!! I got to work this morning, had a ton of emails from a development just off Tryon Rd saying they didn't have power and read this story. Quality p;-

Woolly Bugger

I'm adding this one to the list...

going up to Max Patch in the 'middle' of a thunderstorm...

Woman killed by lightning minutes from becoming engaged

Woman killed by lightning minutes from becoming engagedAs Butler and Lott drove up toward a parking lot beneath the bald,   the pounding rain briefly let up."She said that's the   difference between me and everyone else," Butler said. "When other   people would see the rain and turn around, I go looking for sunshine and   grab it when I find it."
As Butler and Lott hiked toward   the top of the bald, bad weather quickly returned, and there were three   quick lightning strikes, said Butler, who suffered second-degree burns.
http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20100607/NEWS01/100607035

Be careful out there!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

diaz dassie

Woolly Bugger

Lamp post bump leads cops to pub bomber

A walk-in medical center in England helps police find an arsonist after security video shows the 28-year-old bomber running into a lamp post and bumping his head while fleeing the scene. TODAYshow.com's Dara Brown reports.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/40587671#40587671
me -There's a season?

Phil

I know that I am considered an asshole here, so I don't post much.

Ask Riverman (Blake)  about me getting struck by lightning at his place on the Soho... my glass eye got knocked out of my head.
I went out in a lightning storm to smoke a cigarette. 'Nuff said on the Darwin thing.

brownhunter

Damn Phil, that's rough!!! Glad you made it out alive though.

And don't worry, we're all considered assholes around here  ;D
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Phil on December 11, 2010, 22:06:37 PM
I know that I am considered an asshole here, so I don't post much

Phil, I don't think that's an accurate statement. I think you are pretty much considered an asshole most everywhere ;D d:b  I couldn't help myself :P Merry Christmas Phil :D

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Phil, Elias Wonder got struck by lightening twice! 
me -There's a season?

Get Bent

Phil, your not an asshole, cantankerous, but not an asshole... the guy who posted the quote below is an asshole! :laugh:

Quote from: troutrus on December 12, 2010, 17:11:41 PM
Here's a guy been struck over 60 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGR6Wk3Kboo&feature=related#
Konichiwa Bitches!

flyman

Quote from: Phil on December 11, 2010, 22:06:37 PM
I went out in a lightning storm to smoke a cigarette. 'Nuff said on the Darwin thing.

What kind of cigarette was it.........................a Lucky Strike! <-;:
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

Woolly Bugger

A Charlotte man died Wednesday night after police said he went to extraordinary lengths to steal copper wire.Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said Thomas Freeman and two other men came up with the plan at Freeman's house late yesterday afternoon. But that plan took a deadly turn when Freeman tried to climb a utility pole and cut an electrical line with bolt cutters.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/26391158/detail.html
me -There's a season?

bullship

Brilliant. I'm pretty sure those lines aren't even copper.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Woolly Bugger

Man Electrocuted While Trying To Steal Copper Wire
MARION, N.C. -- Authorities said a McDowell County man trying to steal copper has been electrocuted, and the man arrested as his accomplice has been charged in the death. The Asheville Citizen-Times reported that 19-year-old John Wesley Hylemon of Marion was pronounced dead early Wednesday at a Duke Energy substation. Sheriff's Capt. Shanon Smith said 31-year-old Steven Jason Patton of Nebo has been charged with involuntary manslaughter. Patton also faces other charges related to trying to steal the copper wire.      Smith said Patton is being held on $85,000 bond. It wasn't immediately clear if he has an attorney.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/27384391/detail.html
me -There's a season?

walt

Poor dumb fool. I'm curious as to what category this falls under....

1) Drug Induced, ie methhead....

2) Organized/planned crime for profit.

3) Just dumb backwoods bs

4) Sign of the times.... unemployment ran out ... need food for the table.

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy