News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bassett

Started by 5xTippett, May 30, 2010, 19:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

After reading TM's report on Phil's favorite stream and especially after reading Woolly's report on the SoHo complete with photographs obviously taken by his own personal professional photographer, I almost decided not to post my little report, but what the heck, here goes.  I headed back to Bassett Sat. morning and hit the river around 2:30.  I fished upstream at my favorite spot which I had not fished this year.  I fished it for about an hour or so and caught about 8 or 9 fish.  The sun was shining and the fish were spooking at everything that flew by including butterflies.  I realized I was fishing that spot at the wrong time of the day and hopped back in the car and headed way downstream.  I tried a spot I was planning to fish a couple of Saturdays ago and caught about half that number in about the same time.  I'll have to confess I think I have written that spot off my list of spots to fish.  I then went downstream a little further and hit the place I have been picking up fish the last few times.  It was good to me again.  I had about 30 minutes when fish were moving pretty good and were eating my beetle if it hit anywhere near.  I actually had a fish come from about 5 feet upstream and nail it.  I caught about 4 rainbows and the rest were browns.  It wasn't spectacular, but I had a good time.

Woolly Bugger

good getting after them, i went to the mirror plant at 5:30 fished till 9, nothing happened until 8 when the sulfurs started poppin off
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

I see the Townsend beetle is still killing them 8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Al

Good for you Ben. Love the colors of them Smith River Browns!

Going to get my stuff together and give it a try myself end of this week ;D

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: 5xTippett on May 30, 2010, 19:45:52 PM
Woolly's report on the SoHo complete with photographs obviously taken by his own personal professional photographer,

I take all my own photos, just look for a different angle, point and shoot autofocus makes it easy.

Experiment and come up with some different shots!

If your camera has a Macro (close focus) mode use it..
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Nice way to get out and catch a few.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

jwgnc

Way to go 5x  0:0
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

rjs123

Nice browns!!  Wish I could have gotten out this weekend.

5xTippett

"I see the Townsend beetle is still killing them"  TM, I can't tell you anything, can I? >:D