3 weeks in TC; 1 wild pig

Started by FoulHook, May 24, 2010, 18:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoulHook

I got a 3 week break between the end of spring semester and summer classes, so I figured I would go home, sleep on my parents couch, and catch a bunch of wild trout.  Met up with Transylwader one saturday to take on some brookies, but since my waders busted and I was waiting on my replacements to arrive I had to pack light and didn't take the camera, but he already posted a story and pics for that trip. 

So here's some pics from 3 weeks in "God's Country"

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I don't know much about bugs...

One evening I was walking around in the woods around my house with my little brothers and some stubby cane poles with fishing line tied to them catching chubs and 1-2" baby 'bows when we came across this fine looking pool overgrown with rodo's.  It was just a little bitty creek, but this little pool was amazing, we watched wild trout chasing chubs around this pool for probably 30 minutes, and some of them looked 14+".  The next day we came back and I brought my rod, decided to go with SJW since I knew they would hit it hard and I'd only have the one chance to hook one.  I think this was one of the smaller ones, but man was it awesome! This one is about 11", but sure is fat.  Next time I'm home I'm going back to try to get a bigger one... If only I had a 6' 2/3wt rod to really get under that rodo... the ol' 9' 5wt was a little cumbersome.

This is where they lived

New day, new creek

Made it all the way up to the brookies in this little creek, then took a blurry picture of one

Bring a case of beer and a chick that looks close to this I'll take you to this little hole behind my house.

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

diaz dassie

Ha ha dude, I always have a case of beer in my wagon!OK Bud diesel ain't really everyones drink of preference. I know plenty State and UNC hotties across here in Raleigh, they are city (shitty) slickers tho...

kylemc

April has had a crush on me for years..creeps me out a little

blue ridge angler

thats a good lookin wild rainbow..

Get Bent

If you had made that offer a few weeks ago.. Ms. Vokey was in VA putting on a fly fishing clinic for women. I am sure I could have arrange something since my amigo Dave Hise was her host! ;) Since we missed her,  would a homeless hooker and some colt 45 suffice for a trip to the secret fishing hole? 8)

Saweet report by the way!

Konichiwa Bitches!

diaz dassie

Quote from: Get Bent on May 25, 2010, 10:20:03 AM
Since we missed her,  would a homeless hooker and some colt 45 suffice for a trip to the secret fishing hole? 8)

Saweet report by the way!
Ha ha Ryan, this is some quality shit my man! :D

FoulHook

There would have to be a whole bunch of colt 45.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.