Wilson Creek D.H. private property??

Started by adamsdadd, May 23, 2010, 18:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamsdadd

Anybody had issues with landowners on Wilson Creek above the " high bridge" to Lost Cove Creek?? According to the regs, the DH is from Lost Cove Creek to Phillips Branch. Am I missing something? ???   
"We're making memories here.....shut the hell up!"......Chris Smith

ncguy

Lost cove is where DH ends, Phillips branch is below South Harper.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

adamsdadd

Quote from: ncguy on May 23, 2010, 21:37:23 PM
Lost cove is where DH ends, Phillips branch is below South Harper.
I know where it starts and ends. I've been fishing this area for over 30 years. Just didn't know the state stocks private water. I was told the landowners paid for the fish that are in that section.

Perchjerker

the State doesnt stock private waters, private landowners do.  Everything upstream of he DH area is in the registered lands program and is either controlled by the Edgemont Homeowners Association or Edgemont Ltd (private trout club).

The DH waters do not go all the way to the confluence of Lost Cove - the Lutz property that was purchased by NCWRC and made game lands ends just short of Lost Cove.   The upper boundary of the DH is clearly marked with new game lands red paint and DH signs, and and it is approximately 400 yds downstream from where the two creeks come together. 

I commented on your other thread, that the property surrounding where Lost Cove and Wilson converge,  is private property. 

adamsdadd