News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Last Hoorah (maybe)

Started by MarshStomper, February 20, 2011, 22:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshStomper

Returned to the coast this weekend for what could be my last time chasing the schooled up winter reds with all this warm weather. Buddy of mine went out earlier in the week said they were refusing cut mullet, so we knew it'd be tough. Low tide was in the afternoon so I was hoping the sun and 75 degree temp would warm the mud and get them a little more aggressive. Surface temp was around 56. Ran to the quick hit spot saw a school of 10 which is typical for that spot they wanted nothing to do with what we were throwing. Next spot found about 100 or so schooled up. Hooked 3 landed 2 and then they were gone. I caught about a 4lber first, my dad got one that was 5 he lost another around the same. This late in the winter these fish are pretty educated so they don't hang around long. The wind picked up and we couldn't find another school. Not the best day but not the worst by any means.
Pics of the old man with his 5lber:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

As you can see we had to deal with boat traffic too.
"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good