News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

My trip to NC Streams, brookies

Started by FL_Fishing_Fanatic, May 14, 2010, 11:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL_Fishing_Fanatic

Hello all, Just wanted to let you know how my trip to NC went from 5/1 to 5/8. Had a great time, weather was great except for Monday which rained most the day (note to self: secure gear lids always!).

Caught lots of fish, mostly DH areas, 61 fish on the Nanatahala, 20 on the Tuck and 6 on the Pidgeon (hadnt stocked it yet), 5 wild and 3 brookies off parkway (the highlight).

I was disappointed about the Pidgeon. This is one of my favorite places, stocked or not. Upon arrival I saw they had cleared about 1/4 mile between 215 and the river though not up to the river. Looks ugly and mildly harder to access.

Base camp was moonshine Creek Campground in Balsam, really nice place. Small creek where I practiced my small creek tactics. Actually have small trout in it.

One of these times I need to hook up with someone here to learn more, always ready to learn. I'll supply the beer  0--0 I prefer a good IPA :)

Heres some pictures, not many though.

My solution the the problem of hamocks not having a beer holder.

Typical hachery brook on the Nanatahala, one picture is enogh, all the same though always fun to catch.

View of nearby bald from brookie stream, no need to name stream though I'm sure most will know it.

The brookie stream

Nice brookie, beautiful fish. Loved using my new 3wt.

flynhokies

"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet

diaz dassie

Howdy, gimme a holler, I have a bunch of time off between June and October. I spend alot of time in Balsam Grove. This little town is the perfect platform for a days launching rockets on the creeks! ;hb

blue ridge angler