News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith 5-15-10

Started by hopper, May 16, 2010, 18:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

My wife was off on a girls shooping trip to Concord, NC.  o-o At least I got a new gear bag from bass pro out of it. 0--0 Me and the kids had a morning free of baseball and softball!  So I gathered crumb crunchers up and called Grandpa for a morning trip to the Smith.  Had to be a morning trip due to the kids having to attend a birthday party that afternoon.

I got the kids up before they were ready.  Meet Grandpa and we were off.  Once on the river I rigged my daughters rod with a 18 soft hackle PT.  Grandpa added some weight above the fly.  He and her went up stream about 50 yards.  Then I rigged my rod and my son's rod.  He started to cast then I heard the shouts from up river.  My daughter was tight to her first trout on a fly.  I found out later that she made the cast, set the hook and got it in all on her own.  Grandpa forgot his camera so the best pic I got is a long range one.

Soon my son was tight to his first trout on a fly.  Again, he did it all on his own.  After about 1 hr 45 min the kids were done.  They each had brought two to the hand and lost a couple.

It was the best day of trout fishing of my life and I did not catch a fish nor did my father. ;D ;D

I got a great shot of my son with the fish fish he caught, my daughter taking a break and my kids walking out with grandpa. :angel:

[attach=1]
If you hunt with your kids you will never have to hunt for you kids.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

22midge

erniec those are about the best pictures Ive seen in a while.If we have a future we must have the CHILDREN understand what we believe in.Thanks for the post wish you many more days like today.Be safe
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

5xTippett

That's great!  You have to be proud of them.

Al

Great post and great pictures.

- Your kids put all them guys who say the Smith is tough to fish to shame.

hopper

Thanks all, and I am very proud of both of them. I was actually surprised as to how well they did on the smith.  I have come away from there humbled more than my fair share.  Saturday they liked the PT's fished on a swing and it was easy for the kids to feel the strike.
My daughter had about the best weekend.  Friday she helped out my son's b-ball team by hitting and running the bases so they could learn game situations.  They laughed at a girl hitting a baseball.  She was hitting frozen ropes and at the end of the night they had not been able to get her out.
Then saturday fishing with me, her brother and grandpa.
Today after church me and some other men took 17 boys to a local lake to fish.  The can get a merit badge for fishing and another for fly fishing through a program we have a chruch similar to boy scouts.  I helped the ones that wanted to do the fly fishing.  My daughter wanted to tag along.  My son had another birthday party to go to.
At the end of the day she was quick to point out she caught the first fish (not on a fly), the most fish (two on a fly) and the biggest fish (not on a fly).

The thrilled but not as thrilled as me.
If you hunt with your kids you will never have to hunt for you kids.

blue ridge angler

tbird4

Yep, awesome stuff.  I can't wait to get my son out there.

flynhokies

hell yeah...that's what it's all about right there   0--0
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet

flip

That is what fishing is all about.   0--0

jwhop3

Great Job! If enough people take their kids out for a day of fishing, we might make it past 12-12-2012. :j
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~