News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ask a question and ?%#&*%!

Started by bugman, May 12, 2010, 14:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugman

Man, I'm glad I checked Ex-Sefff area and the thread started by Malcolm (A month or more of entertainment).  I had no idea that "Slimeycrawler" was so loathed by so many that he had never met.  Hell fire, wait a second, "Slimeycrawler" – that is me!

In that one thread I was called a "dick", "jerk wad", and "a real piece of work". It was also stated that old Spiny was "full of himself and bs" and I might have read where he might even be one of those "liberal egotistical people who are annoyed by having to deal with peons." On the flip side I was almost relegated to an entomology god by someone trying to defend.  Let me say that I am neither offended nor flattered by the comments.  I find them amusing, because I realize that it is difficult to judge folk by the messages they post, and most people would never comment like that in person.

To get the record straight, usually I am not a dick or jerk wad.  The Mrs. may argue.  I have no ego or hidden agenda, although I am a bit liberal.  I am often full of bs, but only during periods of a practical joke.  I am not an entomology god or famed professor.  I am a lowly member of the staff (peon+1) that happens to love bugs and fishing.  Truth be known, it took me 19 years to complete my MS.  I come from a one horse county in the mountains of VA.  I just happened to land at VT.

Troutphisher, I'll try not to screw it up.  And I'll do my best to "keep it fishing". 

Woolly Bugger

I like your reply and remember: "Imitation is the sincerest of flattery."
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Don't go getting no ideas that you are someone special just because we called you all those names and said all that stuff about you. You are just another tenant of the low rent district now 8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Beetle

Slimey,
Welcome to the low rent district- where you get the help you need and the shit you deserve.

Keep your head down, post lots of pics and keep the chatter to a minimum. 
Watch out for the E TN Hawgkiller. 

0--0