Experts: Oil Spill Could Reach Cape Hatteras

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 04, 2010, 09:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

http://www.myfox8.com/news/local/wghp-story-oil-cape-hatteras-100504,0,2742372.story

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The Gulf of Mexico oil spill is expected to strike the Louisiana coast on Tuesday, but officials are now saying a powerful current could spread the oil all the way to Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.

Officials are bracing for impacts to shorebirds, turtles, shellfish and other endangered wildlife along the gulf coast. However, many ocean scientists are now raising concerns that a powerful current could spread the still-bubbling slick from the Florida Keys up the coast to Cape Hatteras.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

blue ridge angler

noone needs saving..like rush said "the oil is as natural as the ocean water". ;D >:D

flatlander

flyman

I was thinking more along the lines of global warming ;D
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

blue ridge angler

I doubt the explosion was bush's fault..he wouldn't want to cut into his profits like that.. >:D

flatlander

Quote from: flyman on May 04, 2010, 11:05:10 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of global warming ;D

I'm sure the scientists will find a way to prove that this spill "is consistent with" the global warming models...  never let a good crisis go to waste...gotta keep that grant money flowing.   >:D

flatlander

Quote from: blue ridge angler on May 04, 2010, 11:09:30 AM
I doubt the explosion was bush's fault..he wouldn't want to cut into his profits like that.. >:D

good point.

flatlander

Trout Maharishi

Gov-ment conspiracy meant to drive the price of gas up. None of those well platforms have ever sunk before ??? Quick go fill your vehicle up  :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

flip

It wont be long before only the Bush's and Obama's can afford to eat seafood.

On a serious note, this is bad for all the gamefishes in US waters. Not only tarpon but the pelagic fishes and all the migratory fish as well.

I hope this makes those in power reconcider the drill more wells idea. Instead, re-activate the 10'000 plus wells already drilled in the US that are capped. We have the wells, the companies just are not using them

Trout Maharishi

Is this going to effect the price of fish sandwiches at McDonalds ???
― Charles Bukowski

flip

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on May 04, 2010, 12:44:05 PM
Is this going to effect the price of fish sandwiches at McDonalds ???

Naw, that crap comes from Alaska. Its the fish the use for bait to catch bait for the king crab

blue ridge angler

flynhokies

in all seriousness, this is a terrible tragedy that we will be feeling the effects of for quite some time...those fisheries may never recover fully, at least in our lifetimes.
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet