News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hello

Started by bugman, April 23, 2010, 08:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugman

Good morning.  The name is Stephen and I am sliding over to this and other forums from another site.  I live in Christiansburg, VA and have worked at VT for close to 30 years.  Obviously I am a big Hokie fan. 

I've been checking this forum for some time and I recognize the names of some.  Now I am able to view the pics, which I like, particularly those of the Smith and SOHO.
I enjoy both the Smith and SOHO.  I have no idea how long I've been fishing the Smith.  I know I visited the river regularly during the high school years and that was in the early 70's.  I started fishing the SOHO in the early 80's I think.  When you get some age, dates and events seem to escape, even important engagements like angling.  I now refrain from beating myself up over forgetting past angling schedules and travels, because I can't remember my wedding anniversary or wife's birthday either.  It is all good.

Thanks for having me.  Regards.

Trout Maharishi

This use to be a nice place :angel: ;D >:D Slipperycrawler you should have posted here instead.http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

bugman

I do still post "there" and I don't think I have been banned.  At least I wasn't as of this morning.  I am simply looking for other territories.  I hope I have not invaded and diminished the sanctity of this particular spot.  If so, then please let me know – no questions and no ill feelings.

There are some posters here that I have met, and there are others, from reading their stuff, that I would like to meet.  I have no hidden agenda, other than trying to learn more about those 2 rivers that I cherish.  Most likely I will never post any resemblance of a trip/stream report.  And as of now, I don't take pics of fish or trips, BUT I do enjoy those presented by others. I continue to collect about as much as I fish and I do like discussing critters and always learn something from other anglers. 

Trout Maharishi

Jus checking, we got standards here ;D >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

bugman

I am still evaluating the "standards" TM.  After perusing past and present posts, I quickly realized that the evaluation was sure to be a daunting task.  As of now, I can find no "standards", which is ok, because there is value in a locale where the only rule is there are no rules or the only standard is there are no standards.  Heck, I am still trying to figure out how to correctly use the word suckage and what it means.  Initially I assumed suckage was a puerile response to another angler's success.   But later after assessing my own sophomoric tendencies, I am not sure my initial assumption was correct, which I think is major suckage.  There, did I use the word accurately? 

streamer

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on April 23, 2010, 10:24:55 AM
Jus checking, we got standards here ;D >:D

Yeah.....they're pretty low standards, but we got 'em.
I think I got in on a technicality/loophole.

Yer Pal,
Streamer
Remember...We all live downstream.

Get Bent

I just showed up at the door step and slipped in when the door opened! ;D

Welcome
Konichiwa Bitches!