News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

New member first post

Started by hootie, May 06, 2010, 20:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hootie

New member to the board saying hello.I live in Maryville, about 30 minutes from the Townsend entrance to the Great Smoky Mtns. National Park and have fished the parks waters since 1968.I mostly fish the smaller creeks where you can fish all day and never see another person and the bears act like wild animals instead of panhandlers.I served 4 years in the US Air Force and then 4 years as an Airborne infantryman in the US Army.After leaving the service in June of 91 I lived in Asheville for 3 years and fished the waters on that side of the park and especially the streams in the Pisgah NF where I discovered I liked to fish the smaller creeks where the Brook trout lived.When I left NC I lived on our familys farm in Russell county Virginia and fished the Brook trout waters of the GW and Jefferson NF's and the awesome Shenandoah NP.I own raggedy DeLormes of all 3 states and have no interest in fishing for stocked trout though I did haunt the South Mills river from Bradley Creek to the Pink Beds when I lived in Asheville and cut some slack to those Browns that were planted as fingerlings.This looks like a real good website and I am looking forward to reading all the posts here,Thanks.

Woolly Bugger

welcome... put up some pics of those brookies some time..
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

hootie

Thanks for the welcome WB.I am a nimrod when it comes to interweb user and have no idea how to get pics from my cell phone to the computer screen but my Father has become a pretty good photographer and internet user due to buying,selling,and collecting Randall Knives on the web.I'm pretty sure I can get a block of instruction from him on how to post photos.

diaz dassie

Welcome! I likes the wild trout junkie vibe! No stockers here, theyre only good for keeping the muppets away from a 3 mile hike to brookie kingdom come! 0--0